A ONE WOMAN PROTEST ep 6

"So, when next I come I'll give you note on this topic" our Biology teacher before making his way out of the class with his big belly leading the way..

"I can bet a thousand naira that Mr. Adebayo is on his way to mama Tunde's shop" Hassan said making the whole class erupt in laughter. Mr. Adebayo was our Biology teacher who just left the class and he always visited the beer parlour during break to have a few bottles. Scratch that, a lot of bottles.

He once came into the class, drunk to the extent he asked us to wipe the board when there was nothing written on it.

The laughter soon d!ed down and I couldn't help but notice Katerina and Tayo talking and laughing about something I couldn't hear.

"hey beautiful" Josh said appearing behind me. It was break period so most people were leaving the class. Joshua looked as handsome as always.

"hey " I said dryly with a smile. I stood up and we made our way out of the classroom with his hand around my neck.

"You're coming to my house today right?" he suddenly asked

"em... I don't know..."

Oh God, I better think of a good lie right now!

"why?" he asked

"I'm not feeling well" I said almost immediately

"I'm sure you'll feel better once you come over. It's not fair that I've been to your house several times when you don't even know where I live" Joshua was pleading with the look on his face

"And who says I don't know where you live?"

"Okay, where do I live?" he folded his arms around his chest while facing me

I should have just shuł up!

Silence...

"you don't know my house" he finally said before we continued walking.

"okay, I'll come today"

"that's my girl" he smiled sheepishly "I have to go and find my sister first. I'll see you after school?"

"Duhh... Who else is gonna take me to your house?" he kissed my forehead before walking away.

I turned to the principal, Mrs. Sharon standing in front of me.

"Nwankwo!" she called my surname with her clear Yoruba accent "I thought I made myself clear about keeping boyfriends"

What's this woman's problem now?

I'm I the only one that has a boyfriend? She didn't see Katerina and Tayo.

Every time Isabella this, Isabella that!

"he's...ehhhh... Just a friend" I l!ed.

"I'm watching you, I already have an expulsion letter with your name on it in my office. Just one wrong move and you're gone!" she thr£atened before walking away with her shoe making 'koi koi koi' sounds.

Wonders shall never end.

**********

I was half way into the cafeteria when I bumped into someone. I was light that the person nearly knocked me down. I regained my balance and looked up to see who it was.

It was Dan...fvcking...iel.

"you nearly knocked me down" I spat out. He ignored me and kept walking but I was fast enough to grab him by the hand. "you're still not going to talk to me?"

Ever since I started dating Joshua I became invisible to Daniel. He hardly said anything to me or even acknowledged my presence most times.

"how long are you going to keep avoiding me?" I asked. He pulled his arm away from my grip.