11. working

the next morning i got up at 6 to our neighbors screaming at eachother. i tried to get back to sleep since i had only gotten to sleep a meer 3 hours ago but the yelling was endless. 

frustrated i got up out of bed away from the loud people.
no one was up when i walked to the kitchen so i put the kettle on for a tea and connected my headphones to my phone.

i have uni today 8-11 so it's just billie at 11.30. i started listening to music and suddenly i was in a great mood despite the annoying wake up call. i sat outside people watching and drinking my tea. missing the feeling of sun on my skin. 

"morning marley" alyssa said scaring me by snaking her hands over my shoulders.
"hey lyss" i smiled at her patting her arms as she took them off me.

"pasta and board games tonight" she reminded me and i nodded exited. 

"wanna come to the gym with me?"
"fuck no" she said leaving the balcony so i couldn't talk her into it.

i joined the others inside as they ate their breakfasts. "why were you up so early" willow asked me as i was making an iced tea this time. 

"because my room is right next to the neighbors bedroom. and they were screaming at eachother" i told the lucky roomates who got the bedrooms on the other side of the apartment.

she nodded picking crumbs of the bench with her finger and dropping them back down on the bench. 

i went and had a shower getting ready for uni. im thinking of dropping out but i feel like thats to much of a waste of time and money. on the way there i had an incoming call from my dad. after letting it ring for a sec i answer it. 

"hey dad" i greeted him. he wasnt the best dad growing up but he tries now which i respect. 

"hello my beautiful daughter" i could tell he was smiling. we caught up and all i thought was going well but then he brought up my mum wanting to talk to me again. 

"dad i told you no" 

"please marley she wont stop calling me" i gripped the steering wheel tighter 

"fine, god. tell her ill call her tomorrow" he thanked me saying hes sorry shes being pushy. i said okay and goodbye as i parked my car. 

class was boring but i got closer with blake. he was only 3 years older than me. as he took 2 gap years volunteering around the world. 2 and a half hours later class was finally done and i headed back home quickly.

i didnt have time to change since there was traffic and the second i got to my room and set my stuff down i was interrupted. 

"mars billies here" willow shouted walking into my room to warn me. i thanked her getting my stuff together as quickly as i could.

i took my hair out of the bun while walking to the main area. "hey bil one sec" i greeted her going to the front door for my shoes other shoes

"no problem, i came early" she said and when i came back to the kitchen willow was passing the dark haired girl a stack of recipes.

"make sure you have something for lunch!" willow called out as we left the apartment.

"i love your roommates" billie laughed flipping through the pages.

"i love them too most of the time" i said pulling out of my park.
"alyssa invited me to your pasta board game night tonight but i understand if you want your girl time with them"

"no your more than welcome to come, I think willows friend is coming over too so its not exclusive" i explained to her at a light and she nodded slipping some tube out of her pocket to put on her lips.

Billies pov

the interview was so fun, not the actual work part but the fact marley and I were making jokes the entire time in-between takes and shoots. It made the hours feel like minutes.

It was 2pm when we had a lunch break and I took her hand to wander and find craft services for food. She had a bowl of watermelon and a slider whereas I was feasting on these gluten free sandwiches they had. Its not often these things have food I can eat so im making the most of it.

"oh my god, try a bite of this" I said holding one half a sandwich out to her. She took a bite nodding.

"yeah thats good" she agreed and I offered her the other half but she shook her head. We were sitting next to each other on the couch and I could see she was calculating something on her phone.

she went to the toilet quickly and left her phone with me. so naturally i grabbed it and  spammed it with photos.  the person comes back and calls me in just as marley comes back. 

"so that girl you were with just then is she your friend" the lady asked once we sat back down. 

"yess, her names marley, shes so so sweet i want to just shield her from anything bad that comes herway. even though thats technically her job" the intervieer looked at me confused so i laughed before adding. 

"she was originally hired as my body guard but i befriended her" 

"so is she still your body guard" 

"yeah, so i just get to hang out with her all the time, she'll get sick of me eventually" 

a/n
i looked back and it's actually been a month. time goes way to fast