Chapter 2

—HAZEL—

Your eyes are a blend of earthy wisdom and celestial wonder.

Students bustled about, their hurried footsteps echoing through the corridors. Some dashed off to their destinations, while others engaged in animated conversations, laughter filling the air. Amidst the lively atmosphere, a group of five men gathered around their usual table, savoring the moments before the bell would ring. The gentle breeze tousled their hair and caressed their skin, as they shared jokes and laughter.

"Hey, have you heard about the new transfer student? Apparently, she's from our country," the one with a mullet haircut remarked.

"Hmm," the youngest member of the group hummed in response.

"I wonder what she looks like. It piques my curiosity," the mint-haired guy pondered.

"Eh, I'm not really interested," the red-haired friend replied dismissively.

"Come on, guys, let's stop this nonsense. The bell just rang!" the tallest among them exclaimed, ready to sprint off to their next class.

The remaining members swiftly grabbed their bags, hastening to catch up with the one who led the way towards the building. Engaged in conversation with each other, they navigated through the corridors, heading towards their respective classrooms. As they swung open the door, all eyes turned towards them, but their confidence remained unshaken. Being in the spotlight was nothing new for this popular group on campus.

Their attractiveness was undeniable, captivating the attention of those around them. They were hailed as the "Campus Princes," except for the one with fiery red hair, who held the title of "Campus King." As they settled into the back of the classroom, making themselves comfortable, they placed their bags on their designated seats. With just five more minutes until their first class began, they exuded an air of ease and familiarity.

When it came to university life, the group of five paid little attention to their surroundings, unless there was a potential threat to their safety. However, two women seated in the front row had been whispering amongst themselves, their gaze fixed on the group. It seemed as though they were determined to approach the five individuals, driven by some unknown motive. Eventually, the woman with long black hair stood up from her seat, holding something behind her back as she made her way towards them.

Clearing her throat to capture their attention, she mustered up the courage to speak. "Um... hi," she stammered, feeling unsure of herself. "Um... Ethan," she called out the name of the tallest member of the group, who raised an eyebrow and looked at her intently, his lips slightly parted.

Ethan was dressed in a worn white sweatshirt, paired with block sweatpants and pristine white sneakers. A Dior Oblique Brass Padlock Necklace adorned his neck, adding to his captivating appearance. The girl standing before him couldn't help but feel a nervous flutter in her chest. Not wanting to embarrass herself further, she presented him with a box, her face turning pink as he accepted it from her grasp.

"I baked this for you... I hope you'll like it," she smiled, her cheeks flushing as he winked and smiled in return. Hastily, she returned to her seat just as their first subject teacher entered the classroom, marking the beginning of the lesson.

Ethan couldn't resist his curiosity and decided to open the paper box just a little to catch a glimpse of what was inside. As soon as he saw his favorite snack, a big smile automatically spread across his face. And to his delight, the box contained a delicious French Baguette.