𝐈. 𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞

𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞

𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞

Maehara Lenaeris was a woman to never question, not even when she returned from kings landing with a scared little silver haired girl.

No no one would question her or her lord husband, especially when they had announced they'd taken in a girl. No one thought about it, the girl was hardly ever seen around the small castle.

She would hardly ever leave the lady or her lord husband's sight. She was there with everything, since the minute they had brought her back.

But not even a year after Maehara Lenaeris's lord husband passed away at sea, maybe it was the gods giving her a sigh that the little silver haired girl did not belong with her.

But it was far too late then and it was far too late now.

************************************

Maela loved everything about her home, she loved the small gardens where she could sit and read.

She loved how not many people came and went, it was as if she lived in her own little world. Far away from any danger or anyone who would want to harm her.

And right now she couldn't be happier, with the news of her elder brother's return.

It was rare for Robb to return unannounced, he travelled around. Like their father had done before.

Maela hardly remembered him, he had died at sea a little after her eighth name day. It was odd that she hardly had any memories of him, one day she would understand why.

"Maela" She heard someone calling her name as she snapped out her thoughts, the silver haired girl looked up and grinned.

"Robb" she replied standing up as she leaped in his arms, her brother hugged her back and kissed her forehead "Mother didn't know when you'd be here, we only got the letter this morning"

"Well i'm glad you are happy to see me, but I have something I wish to speak to you and mother about"

"Mother is in fathers study" She whispers as Robb nods making his way inside.

"Well come Maela"

Maela furrowed her brows, she wasn't allowed in her fathers old study nor was Robb. But she followed suit.

************************************

Maela stood behind her brother as he entered their fathers old study, there mother sat at his desk a few pieces of loose paper sat across it.

Maeharas eyes go onto her children "Robb"

"Mother" Robb greets her as she pulls Maela into the room "I wish to speak to you both"

Maehara sighs as she nods her head.

Maela walks further into the room until she stops her eyes going back to Robb.

"I have only returned so I can take you both to king's landing"

That was one sentence Maehara had never wanted to hear, she had no place in kings landing and nor did Maela.

"No" Maehara answers quickly, too quickly.

"We have to, The kings wife passed a few days ago" He announces "We must show our respect to the Targaryens, lowborn or not"

Maela nods slightly, her brother was well known in the court, yet she nor her mother were. She remembered everything her mother said about kings landing, about Targaryens.

Especially the one who had been nicknamed the Rogue Prince.

"Me and your sister will mourn the queen here"

"It is not that simple mother" Robb Argues "We must also bend the knee to the kings new named heir"

"The king named a new heir" Maela spoke up "Who"

"His daughter" Robb admits "Mother you and Maela will come with me at weeks end to king's landing. We must show our respect and bend the knee"

"He is right, mother we must show some respect to the royal family"

"The Targaryens are not people you need to be near or even meet Maela" She snaps as Maela looks at the ground.

"Are you scared of going across the sea"

"It is not that" Maehara sighs, if Maela were to go to kings landing. Someone would figure it out. If not the targaryens, perhaps the foolish dragon of hers she had claimed before that night.

"Mother please"

"Fine" it was on word, the one she didn't want to say. but it was her and Robb who had to bend the knee. Not Maela, Maela could be kept away either in her rooms or the ship.

************************************

"Is it true brother" Daemon snapped walking into the throne room "You replaced me as heir, just like you replaced her many years ago"

Her, Viserys knew who his younger brother meant when he said her. But he couldn't think about her, no one could. No one but daemon would mention her, and if they did they would always refer to her as the lost dragon.

"Leave Daemon, go to your wife"

"No"

"Your place is with your wife at runestone, I have no means for you Daemon"

"Like you head no means for our baby sister" Daemon scoffs.

"That was ten years ago, she is dead"

Daemon scoffs again "Rhaenyra is not fit to be heir"

"And you re, ever since that night you have ac-"

"I have acted the way any Targaryen would have. And I shall keep doing so"

"That right there is why you can and never will be king" Viserys states standing up from the iron throne and walking down the steps "Now leave and go to lady Rhea"

An- Okay thoughts, I really enjoyed writing this first chapter