Ch 1: Vampires, strippers, and bouncers. Oh my!

"Never take advice from someone who's falling apart
So I wander through these nights
I prefer hiding in plain sight
My fourth drink in my hand
These desperate prayers of a cursed man
Spilling out to you for free
But darling, darling, please
You wouldn't take my word for it
If you knew who was talking"
-Taylor Swift (Dear reader)

Julien

Veela can't lie.

It's one of their most fundamental, never changing traits. No matter how hard they want to... Veela. Can't. Lie.

They can find sneaky or clever ways to get around things, tell certain truths and choose to omit other information, not say anything at all and avoid answering certain questions, or find really fancy ways of telling their truth... but they cannot tell lies. It is not in their nature, it goes against every instinct they have.

For example, if someone asks a Veela a question they do not want to answer, because they don't want the person to know the answer... then by simply saying "I don't want to answer that" or "That's none of your business" is still a truth, and they've evaded answering the initial question without lying to anyone to do it. It's sneaky, but it's still honest, and the most effective loophole Julien had to learn growing up.

One of his methods was to sit there and start rambling off his life story to avoid specific questions, or say outlandish things so nobody even questioned if he could lie or not.

Julien Black was twenty-five years old, and caught in a nasty everlasting push-and-pull with his ex-boyfriend, Barty crouch jr, who knew about his secret.

Julien knew one of his as well.

"Please, please, please."

"Gods, you sound so good when you're begging me. I missed this." Barty's hot breath fanned down his neck, fangs grazing along its length. He had Julien pushed up against the wall, hands roaming his body. "Tell me. I want to hear you say it."

A whimper slipped past Julien's lips, his hands gripping Barty's shoulders in anticipation.

"I need it."

Barty slid his tongue up Julien's neck, letting himself taste his skin. It teased him just as much as Julien, like an appetizer before the meal.

Julien groaned and dropped his head back. "Please." He whispered.

"Say it to me."

Julien took a deep breath, shaky and unsteady as he let it out, and in a breathy whisper said: "Feed off of me, I want it. I need it. Please?"

"You sound so fucking sexy."

He sank his fangs into the side of his neck, piercing the skin and burying them as far as they would go as Julien let a scream rip out of him. Julien waited for the pleasure, taking the pain first as best as he could.

Then the pleasure came.

It hit him like a train on the tracks, making the breath knock out of him and his knees buckle. Moans tumbled out of his lips as he gripped onto his shirt, and Barty's fingers tightened around his hips to hold him up.

"Yes." Julien whispered encouragingly, running his fingers through his hair, tightening his hold at the roots. "Fuck- yes, yes, yes."

He could feel his stomach tighten at the amount of pleasure coursing through him, it was almost too much. He felt so good it was almost dizzying, his limbs were shaky and weak. He could hear Barty's swallows in his ear, hear him groaning in satisfaction, felt the enjoyment radiating off of him.