Chapter 1

"C'mon old girl, you can do it!" a young Cybertronian mech muttered to himself as he attempted to turn on the main computer console.

He stood with his glowing, blue optics wide as the screen monitor powered up. The keypad came to life and his digits quickly scrambled to press each key available. No sooner had the first button been pressed when the main computer died once more. The mech grumbled to himself and turned away out of frustration.

"Having trouble with the main computer again, Orion?" a friendly voice met the young mech's audio receptors.

"I was only attempting to repair her." Orion spoke, referring to the large computer that rested beside him. "Without her up and running, it will be more than difficult to access the database. Or anything, for that matter."

The elderly Cybertronian that stood before Orion let a small smile cross his faceplate. "Why don't you take a break from your... attempted repairing and sort the files down aisle 'D' on the first floor. They are in need of it."

"Yes, sir." Orion replied to the old mech, who went by the name of Alpha Trion.

Orion Pax was an apprentice to the old and wise Alpha Trion. He worked as a clerk at the Iacon Hall of Records: Cybertron's sole database. The place was large and dim with many floors. Blue lights emitted from the glowing lamps on each wall, the seams of the floors and ceiling. The place was quiet and eerie at times, especially at night, but it was indeed a place of knowledge and Orion adored its silence at times.

Isle "D" was soon in sight and Orion at once began his sorting, hoping to take hints of the knowledge stored within the files as he put them in their proper places. The files were each cylinders that emitted holograms with stories full of knowledge worth telling to the world, or kept hidden from prying optics and audio receptors. Classified information was stored deep within Iacon's archives, nearly impossible for anyone to reach, unless they were one of great wisdom or power. The archives were heavily guarded so that anyone who tried to get in by force would remain unsuccessful.

His work continued wistfully and a sudden wave of joy swept over him. How he loved Iacon. It was the perfect place for him. So quiet, thoughtful, and at most times, private. Only those who were wise and willing to learn the wisdom of Iacon came in to accept the knowledge of the cylinder files. The real bustle happened on the streets of Cybertron: Orion's home planet that he cared for so dearly. Everyone lived in peace and harmony as they were guarded by the Primes, who only made their appearance when needed. They were always aided by the power of Primus, their supernatural leader who founded Cybertron and its cities. He existed deep within the planet's core, giving it the very life it needed. After his encounter thousands of years ago with Unicron the Chaos Bringer, a supernatural being of evil and the very brother of Primus, he cast the evil one out and banished him to a galaxy unknown. Although Unicron was defeated, the damage to the planet was already done. To save it from dying, Primus sacrificed his life and gave up his spark, so that it would pulse the life to all of Cybertron. His ability to speak to the Primes he granted power to years ago never wavered. He aided them in every mission and Cybertron remained a peaceful home to its inhabitants.

Orion often found the file with the story of the battle between Primus and Unicron, along with the power Primus himself granted to the thirteen original Primes, most of which were no longer alive. Only a few remained and would only make appearances in times of need.

Orion would read the story to himself multiple times, watching it scroll through the hologram. He could picture himself fighting alongside the Primes, and although he believed he would never have the courage or strength to do so in real life, he loved to imagine it as if it were true. He could picture owning ion canons of his own. Those were hard to come by, and only ones of great trust used them. He pictured taking down great evil, and saving all of Cybertron. How amazing it would be to have an impact for good on the world. He loved helping people already, and he only wished he could do more.