Virtual Girl

"Have you ever wanted to escape from the monotonousness of everyday existence? To step into a world where anything and everything is possible? Well, now that dream can come true. In this new, virtual frontier, you are free from the constraints of reality and can forge your own destiny. However, be sure to tread cautiously. In this world without rules, anything can happen and you'll have to survive and thrive in this simulated reality."

Vannie switched off the tv and sighed. She looks over to her desk, where her virtual reality headset and oculus are sitting. She shakes her head and walks off to her bedroom. She looks around at the neon bunny lighting hanging around her dark room.

Why don't I ever get a break from this?

She lays down on her bed and switches on her phone. She sees that she has four new unread messages from her work partner, Matt. She drops her phone on her bed, too tired to read them.

A loud beeping sound wakes her up from her sleep. Vannie looks at her alarm clock and reads the time. 5:00am.

Great. I have work in an hour.

She gets up and walks to her bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. She notices that her grey-blue eyes have spider-like red cracks running through them. She has dark circles under her eyes. She decides that she doesn't look that bad and strips her pyjamas and puts on her work uniform.