chapter 1 : revenge

In front of Reinhardt who had come to her senses, was her father's coffin.
The coffin of her father who passed away more than 15 years ago.
She looked around. It was the largest hall, Agnes Hall in the Marquisate of Linke, where she had lived as a maiden. It was just like 15 years ago.
She didn't understand. The lid of the coffin was wrapped in the flag of Alanquez, and the pale face of her father could be seen through the slightly opened coffin.
Is it a dream?
But before she could even ask if this was a dream or real life, her tears seeped out. Anyway, it was because it was the face of her father that she had not seen in a very long time. Her father was now fading in her memory and didn't appear in her dreams.
Ah,
Father.
She fell on the coffin and sobbed almost faintly.
She wept, passed out, woke up and wept again. She thought it was a dream anyway, so she didn't care whether people around her looked at her and gossiped or not.
The reason Reinhardt came to her senses was because of a voice she heard from behind.
"I want to annul this marriage."
She sat back with cloudy eyes. A man with silver hair, purple eyes, and a youthful face was looking down at her.
Michel Alanquez.
He was the crown prince of Alanquez and her husband.
Reinhard Linke was originally a girl without tears, but she could not hide her sorrow only when her father's coffin was covered with the flag of Alanquez and returned. And before the tears that fell on the flag had dried up, her husband declared this in front of the coffin.
Her eyes were swollen and puffy from crying, but only then were her eyes opened. It wasn't sad. It was because it was the situation that she continued to ponder and ponder for 15 years. Everything was as she remembered.
She asked slowly, "What now... ... ."
"I said I want to end this marriage."
Michel Alanquez looked down at her with indifferent purple eyes. Reinhardt closed her mouth for a moment and looked up at him.
Was it a dream or was it real?
She still couldn't figure it out. She looked around slowly. Seeing Reinhardt fumbling before him, Michel had a puzzled look. She gave up and opened her mouth to tell if this was real or not.
"Michel Alanquez."
"... ... ."
"My dear crown prince. You'll have to say it right. Let me ask you a second time. I beg your pardon?"
"I'll say it for the third time. End the marriage."
Reinhardt put her hands on the coffin and pressed hard. With that, she lifted herself off the lid of the coffin and rose. The black dress was heavy. Her dress was shabby and droopy, as she remembered, because she was too lazy to put on a petticoat or anything underneath. She continued to ruminate through her distant mind.
"Is that what you're saying in front of my father's coffin?"
"... ... ."
"Michel Alanquez. My father died in that war for you."
"He has fulfilled his duty as a general of Alanquez."
"Fuck... ... ."
Oh, maybe even anger.
Reinhardt placed her hand on her left chest, feeling like her chest was about to burst with anger, and pressed her hand over it. Then she spewed out what she hadn't been able to say for 15 years.
"He died because of you.  Because you abandoned your duties as a prince."
"Watch it."
"You watch it, Michel Alanquez!"
Reinhardt burst out in a blue rage. Michel's eyebrows furrowed.
"My father went to war and died in your place. You have read the letter from His Majesty the emperor mourning the death of my father. It's been less than half a day since I read the letter. But here you are in front of me... ... !"
Her heart was pounding. The words couldn't come out properly and the tears blinded her eyes, so she couldn't breathe. She sighed again.  She didn't want to look like an idiot who couldn't speak while shedding tears in front of others.
If it's a dream, I hope I won't wake up.
Reinhardt's father, the Marquis of Linke, wanted to give her the highest rank in the country.
The seat next to Michel Alanquez had been hers since Reinhardt was twelve. The two were not in love even after marriage, but Reinhardt had never regretted it.
Arranged marriage was like that. Living as the most honored woman in the country, she had never wanted a soft, flimsy feeling like love.
So, Michel Alanquez never smiled at her, nor did she ever shy away from it.
But she had been doubting her father's judgment, hating Michel Alanquez endlessly, right now, for fifteen years since this moment.
Was this man with whom my father matched me, the best man in the country?
He didn't even blink in front of my father's coffin, and he's begging me to annul the marriage. And now, the prince drew his eyebrows in a frown just because she cursed at him.
"Marquis Linke... ... all right. This is sad. Alanquez truly lost someone great."
Seeing Reinhardt like that, the silver-haired prince spat out those two sentences. As if it were redemption, or like a medicine. Reinhardt's fingertips became cold and trembled.
"You coward... ... ."
"Reinhardt. Whatever abusive language you utter today, I will not take issue with it, considering it is the grief and madness of a woman who has lost her beloved father. But I have to say what I have to say. I will terminate my marriage with you."
The only thing that filled her mind at those words was one person's face. A girl with silky silver hair and water blue eyes. The girl who came from a small country to the Alanquez Empire as a hostage. Was it my mistake to just let her be? Reinhardt also constantly ruminated over this.
"Of course, I will answer without regret about the compensation for the death of the Marquis of Linke. Alanquez speaks of the loyalty and glory that Marquis Linke has dedicated to Alanquez... ... ."
Michel was no longer heard. Michel's mouth, which always seemed to be smiling because the corner of his mouth was upturned, seemed to be laughing at her.
"By handing over the Helka region to the Linke family... ... ."
Ah, my estate. Helka. When she heard the name, she burst into tears. After her father died, she constantly dreamed of revenge. Helka was also hers and a springboard for vengeance. But if it hadn't been for her to receive the land she had received instead of her father's death.
"And the divorce between you and me will be deemed my fault. I will also pay you appropriate compensation... ... With 1 million alanche... ... ."
Reinhardt didn't let Michel talk any more. Fifteen years ago was enough for that son of a bitch to talk in front of me.
"Does it look like I'm angry with you right now because this Linke family doesn't have 1 million alanche?"
Michel twitched his eyebrows. Reinhardt looked directly at Michel and said.
"A life for a life. Give me Princess Canary's life."
"... ... There is a limit to your ability to ask for compensation, Reinhardt Linke."
Michel, as if angered by these words, straightened up and fired at her. Reinhardt didn't even laugh.
"The reason my father lost his life in Sarawak was because of Princess Canary's mischief, so I have to at least cut off her hands to relieve my anger."
"Reinhardt Linke. I didn't know you were such a cruel woman."
A snort of laughter came out. But before she could even laugh, tears flowed. Reinhardt gnashed her teeth again at the tears flowing relentlessly down her cheeks.. She wanted to say something, but no words came out. If I opened my mouth, only ugly tears would emerge.
It's not this. I wished I could say a cool word to that bastard.
"... ... I don't think now is the time to talk, so leave. In the near future, the imperial palace will send a letter of approval to annul the marriage."
Seeing Reinhardt with her eyes wide open, teeth clenched and hissing, Michel sighed and turned around.
I can't tolerate it. I can't let that motherfucker go like this.
As Michel had just stepped out of the hall, Reinhardt was barely able to chew and spit it out her words.
"I will change the terms of the compensation payment."
"... ... What?"
"You motherfucking prick."
"... ... Reinhardt Delphina Linke! Watch your language!"
In front of the crown prince, who turned around at the sudden insult, Reinhard Linke wiped the tears from her cheeks with the back of her hand.
"Give me your head. I will cut it up as dog food."
"Outrageous!"
"And I'm going to make Princess Canary drink the wine from your eyesockets. When you're done, you'll be kicked out barefoot in the desert of Sarawak. Your body will also be buried there, so Princess Canary will be happy."
The prince's complexion changed and he strode closer to her. Since he had dismissed everybody in advance to discuss their breakup, there were only the crown prince, her and her father's coffin in the hall.
"Watch your words."
"Did you think you could graciously gloss over my abusive language and madness at the loss of my beloved father? Your patience is just that. Alanquéz' future is clear."
"Reinhardt Delphina Linke!"
"Don't say my name, you motherfucker. It's a precious name my father gave me!"
Marquis Linke loved her terribly. Enough to give her a name that was passed down only to the fittest from generation to generation.
<My dear little apple pie. I will make you the noblest woman in this country.>
Tears flowed down her face whenever she thought of that warm voice.
In the end, Michel couldn't stand it and shoved her on the shoulder. Reinhardt slapped Michel on the cheek. Tock, it sounded, because she punched him instead. Michel looked at her in disbelief at the unexpected blow. She screamed undeterred.
"If it's not your life, I don't need any compensation!"
"You... ... ."
Michel came over and raised his hand. Reinhardt without fail kicked Michel's shin again and punched his chest.
Reinhardt pushed and hit him while howling almost like a beast, and Michel stopped a few times as if he was terrified, and finally reached out. His hand gripped Reinhardt's neck, and Reinhardt thrashed.
However, she could not stand against Michel, who was much taller than her. Noticing that her eyes were getting blurry, she resisted fiercely, but Michel choked her even more.
You ignorant bastard. You haven't even learnt any control... ... .
Michel didn't kill her. It wouldn't be possible. Now that the Marquis of Linke had returned dead in his place, if his wife was also found dead, public suspicion would increase.
Instead, Michel overpowered her and threw her to the floor.
Reinhardt curled up backwards as she hit the coffin. The lid of the coffin with the flag of Alanquez fell to the floor, and the marble shattered. She fell on her father's corpse. Something touched Reinhardt's hand as she was about to get up. It was the sword that her father always wore.
She didn't even have to think twice. Reinhardt drew the sword and ran to Michel.
Stab.
Blood spurted out. A scream.
Reinhardt smiled contentedly.