𝘾𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙊𝙣𝙚

𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗲.

I stared down at the blue oval pills in my hand with a frown

I stared down at the blue oval pills in my hand with a frown. The cold bathroom floor that was usually comforting felt oddly cold and unwelcoming. I was so annoyed my eye was starting to twitch and my skin was starting to itch. I tried counting to ten but even that didn't work. If I had any nails left to bite, I probably would have already chewed them all off. Normally I be happy to pop this shit but the banging and screaming coming from outside the old wooden bathroom door was blowing my high- my relaxation. My well-deserved relaxation.

"YANNI!"

"Yani!!!! the stove is bubbling!"

"Yanni is the craft supposed to look brown?"

"Yan-" The aggravating noise was cut short when I launched the bathroom door open causing one of the culprits to release a tiny "ow". I didn't bother apologizing. One simple task I gave. A simple task that the simplest of the simplest could have done but not Yuna and Yara. How silly of me to think that my thirteen-year-old siblings could handle precooked mac and cheese. It was always up to me. Their footsteps were loud following me to the kitchen too loud.

I raised an eyebrow at the concoction on the stove. The pot looked like they were doing some sort of witchcraft. I wanted to gag from the scent alone. Did they put cinnamon in the craft?

"What did you put in here? I told you to just add water, the packet, and stir." Don't get mad. Don't get mad. This is your fault for not doing it yourself.

"We told you that we didn't know how to do it!" That was Yuna.

"We eat craft every day even the stove is tired of it." That was fucking Yara.

"It's not that hard to add water and stir Yuna I can't do everything for you. You need to learn how to start cooking on your own especially now that I'm taking on later shifts at the bar." I scolded while pouring the slop into the garbage. And just like that $5 was down the drain and we certainly didn't have $5 to be pouring down the dam drain.

"And you should be happy you have a hot meal in your stomach. Do you know how many people go to bed hungry every night?" Yara simply scoffed and rolled her eyes throwing her body on our old rickety couch." I clenched my teeth in anger. I get she was frustrated but trust me I was beyond frustrated.

"I like craft," Yuna whispered while wiping the counter down from the failure called dinner. I offered her a weak smile as I looked in the cupboards for a plan B. I hadn't gotten paid yet to go shopping so it wasn't much to work with.

"How about some Ramen and spam?" I was asking but they didn't have much of a choice anyway it was either this or a warm nap for dinner. This was supposed to be tomorrow's meal so that alone was pissing me off. Both the twin's eyes lighted up at the sound of that.