Skittish

**Bayley's pov**

I felt a quick swish-and-rustle, something had moved in the grass. But what really caught my eyes, was much more astounding.

As soon as I opened the window, I froze in place. Metal scraps were scattered everywhere. Crinkled up and burnt pieces of microchips were emitting their last little flickers, among shattered glass and a gazillion other materials I couldn't distinguish well in the dim light.

It struck me as some kind of wrecked vehicle, which was now destroyed forever, seeing the damage it had suffered, assumingly to get into my backyard. I didn't know whether to consider that as a win, but whatever that was, it was out of use now.

What my eyes laid upon was quite unusual. It left me utterly bewildered. I was sure that was my porch. It felt so real. Yet there was so much wrong with it.

**?????'s pov**

Oh my god, I might have wakened a human. Why did this thing have to crash?! What do I do? It had a knife! The human had a weapon! My ship is broken, and I'm in a random human's living space! Maybe if I hide they'll let it go? What if they attack? No, calm down. I can do this. I just need to show I'm here solely for research purposes.

I patted my suit to find paper, and what humans call pencils. Except, in my galaxy, they're not made of graphite, but a special variant of solidified, waxed bark. Earth has about 40 times the amount of graphene we have, and our slim stock is strictly employed for ships. LIKE THE ONE THAT IS NOW IN SHAMBLES. I'll die. Oh, for The Pillars of Creation. I sighed, as silently as I could.

Humans call it peace, right? But they're so belligerant, god... what if they think I'm a threat? What if I end up like...what was it again? ...Pearl ...Abort?
I really should have payed attention in Terrestrian History.

I started frenetically scribbling down on the paper, while trying to keep my oxygen rates to levels compatible with life, but my antennae were going ballistic, trembling and thrilling, trying to captivate any sound that would be visage of my death.

I raised my eyes, looking through the fissures that some leaves left in a messy bush, barely spacious enough for me to conceal in. Wow, plants are actually green here. And I thought it was just a myth.

"Is anyone there?"