Lost Up a Chimney

I don't own Girl Meets World, Harry Potter, the MCU or anything else you recognize!!!

Harry's summer was going horribly. Uncle Vernon had locked Hedwig in her cage the moment they returned to Privet Drive from Kings Cross Station, shoved all of Harry's school materials in the cupboard under the stairs, and expressly forbidden Harry to do anything "strange or unnatural" for the entire summer. As it was, Hedwig didn't like being cooped up, nor did Harry for that matter, and this led to several shouting matches with his uncle.

Bu worse than that, was the fact that Harry hadn't heard a peep from the magical world since arriving home for the summer. Not even his best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger had written, and they'd promised. Ron's surrogate older sister, Thea Matthews had practically threatened to knock the Dursleys door down herself if she didn't hear from Harry, but she was nowhere to be found either.

Though, it wasn't as if Harry could write to them himself, not with Hedwig locked up. He sometimes imagined using the unlocking charm Hermione had taught him to open her cage and write to his friends. But he, like all underaged wizards, was not permitted to do magic outside of school.

And so, a month and a half into summer vacation Harry found himself hiding up in his tiny bedroom so as not to spoil Uncle Vernon's dinner party. Unfortunately, there was already someone there. A little creature, with eyes like great green tennis balls blinked up at Harry from his bed.

"Uh, hi?"

"Harry Potter!" The creature bowed, scraping his nose on the carpet he ducked so low "So long has Dobby wanted to meet you, sir...Such an honor it is!"

The little being's voice was high and squeaky and Harry quickly shut his door, hoping to muffle it before his family downstairs heard "Thank you? Er, what-I mean, who are you?"

"Dobby, sir. Dobby the house elf." Harry had no idea what a house elf was, but clearly he was from Harry's world, and if the Dursleys found him, there would be hell to pay.

"I don't mean to be rude," Harry tried diplomatically "But it's not really a great time for me to have a house elf in my bedroom. Not that I'm not pleased to meet you, but, er, is there a particular reason you're here? Can I help you with something?"

"Help Dobby?" The elf choked "No, sir. No. Dobby is here to help Harry Potter!"

"Help me?"

"Yes, sir. But it's difficult, Dobby doesn't know where to begin."

Harry resigned himself to hear Dobby out and get him out of his bedroom before the Dursleys could be any the wiser "Why don't you sit down?" He offered.

This had a rather negative effect unfortunately as Dobby started to wail, loudly "Sit down...Never sir, never ever..."

"Shhh!" Harry quickly tried to calm the crying elf down "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything."

"Offend Dobby? Dobby has never been asked to sit down before by a wizard, like an equal." The elf's eyes were shining as he hiccuped.

"I guess you haven't met many decent wizards then." Harry tried to joke.

Dobby shook his head shyly, then without warning leapt onto the windowsill and began banging his forehead against the glass, crying "Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!"

Harry pulled him back onto the bed as Hedwig woke up with a screech "What're you doing?"

The light rumble of voices downstairs stopped and Harry froze, keeping a tight grip on Dobby's wrists.

"Dobby had to punish himself, sir." Dobby wheezed, slightly cross eyed "Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, sir. The wizard family Dobby serves."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what that means." Harry whispered, straining his ears to head hat was happening downstairs.