Prologue

Rhea hummed as she pulled into the driveway, parking her beautiful 1967 Mustang. She stared at the front door. She hadn't been home since she was seventeen. Her own wishes of course, her personality wasn't able to be controlled at the time. Her father agreed with her, and she was sent away to college. She sighed and looked to her passenger seat, her rottweiler staring at her, love in the puppy's eyes. She smiled and petted her head. "Come one pretty girl, let's get inside." Rhea spoke, a smile ghosting her lips as she got out of the car, leaving the door open for her pup, before closing the door and walking towards the front door, grabbing the key her dad had sent her in the mail and unlocked the door before slowly pushing it open.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she wasn't expecting the house to be completely shrouded in darkness. "Dad? Derek?" she called out, her pup growling slightly. She flipped on the light only to be greeted with everyone jumping from hiding spots and shouting "Welcome home!" causing her pup to jump and whine slightly as she yelled out a "What the fuck!?" before looking around to see her friends and family were there, smiling.

"You guys didn't have to!" Rhea exclaimed before smiling and running to hug her dad first. "Welcome home, honey." Dean spoke to his daughter, she smiled as she looked around, seeing her brother, Joe, Iris and Barry. Her mood instantly relaxed, knowing she wasn't hated for basically ditching everyone. Derek came over and hugged her. "I missed you." He whispered softly, she smiled and squeezed him before letting go only to be tackled by Iris. Rhea laughed and caught the smaller female from knocking them both over. "Iris, hey!" Rhea said Iris pulled away and smiled. "I'm so happy you're home. I need another girl in my life again." Soon after she was hugged and greeted by Joe and Barry.

Everyone began to catch up before work was needed for everyone to go. She was going to go with her father to hopefully get a job at star labs. Barry was the last one to linger as everyone else left, he was staring at Rhea, the girl he's been in love with ever since he was little, his best friend. She had grown into a tall, beautiful strong woman. He knew this was not the same teenager he had known, but he also knew that it was still the woman of his dreams. She smiled at Barry softly, she had missed the goofy kid.

He smiled and pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly, as if he was scared to lose her again, she giggled and hugged back just as tight. "I missed you so much Rhe." he said quietly "I missed you to Barry. No hurry before you're late to work." she said and pulled away, he kept a smile on his face. "Alright, I'll see you soon!" and with that she was just left with her father and brother. She turned to look at them and she raised her eyebrow at the look she was getting from them. "What?" she asked, Derek spoke first "Tell us everything!" he exclaimed and she laughed before nodding "Okay."