Chapter-2

Farhan went numb at that question.

Qasim's voice ringed in his ears. He suddenly realized that he had unwillingly lowered his shield down in front of his friend. No it was not the others he was hiding himself from, rather it was himself from who he wanted to hide. "

In the past few weeks he had realized that it throughout the last two years he had been lying to himself. He had tried a lot but he still missed her.

The truth was an ugly one, which it made it even m ore difficult to accept it. However in the end acquiescently he had accepted that because of one huge mistake his . her or theirs he did not know but because of that he had to let go of the love of his life.

"Farhan ! Tell me the truth" questioned Qasim and he was finally brought back from his thoughts as he heard the raised voice. His face went pale as he realized that he let down his guard which he was holding onto for so long. He felt very weak and forlorn in that moment, for letting down his guard.

He suddenly stood up and said "I think it is time for me to leave, it is already quite late'

"Farhan you cannot just leave without answering my question."

Farhan just started to walk away hastily, sweating, completely ignoring Qasim. His mind was running fast as if on a high speed treadmill.

Qasim rushed behind him, but not before paying the bill and rushed behind his friend. However Farhan was too fast. Then just as Farhan was standing at the door of the cafe, about the cross the door, at that moment he shouted "What if she is riding the same boat ? What if she feels the same about your relationship?"

Just as Farhan heard those words, he froze at where he was standing. He then looked back at Qasim, gravely looked at him with an expression that Qasim could not interpret, and then again he started walking away, more swiftly this time.

Just then Qasim remembered that he had come with Farhan in his car. "Oh boy ! Why did I come in the car with him ? This angry bird will leave me here, if I don't rush " he comically thought thought to himself. He had done that before , he could do that again.

It was Farhan's one of old habits. He would become that swaggering and obnoxious young man when he was angry. On the outside that made him look suave and super hot, similar to that arrogant hero from movies which would have girls drooling over him. But for Qasim it meant consequences. He rolled his eyes and rushed before Farhan forgot him and left him at the cafe. He dashed towards the parking. He was a little surprised when he saw Farhan waiting for him in the car.

Farhan had put on his shades, and the expressions on his face were cold. Just as Qasim sat in the car, Farhan pushed the acclerator took a sharp turn, almost frightening the life out of Qasim.

"What in the world are you trying to do Farhan ? Why are you bent on giving me a heart attack" shouted an excited Qasim as Farhan took another sharp turn.

Qasim just stared at him giving him an you are impossible type expression, which Farhan noticed in the rear veiw mirror. He did not even look at him but a small smile escaped his lips, taking another sharp turn.

Throughout the ride, Qasim tried to speak to Farhan many times but everytime he tried, Farhan refused to speak to him, rather he would just accelerate the car to dangerous speed levels.

"Brother you might not love your life, but I very much want to live, Slow down the car man" murmured Qasim.

"Did you say anything" asked Farhan feigning innocence, as his feet hit the accelrator once again.

Farhan's rash driving was giving his friend nightmares in daylight.

Soon they reached Qasim's home and he got down. "Thank god I am safe. I thought you were definitely going to kill me today" "Thank god, I am safe" said Qasim dramatically.