Chapter 1 New Beginnings

A/N: Hey all, I just wanted to put in a few rules I will be following for my story.

1. pokemon can learn more than four moves (its fine for the games but doesn't make a whole lot of sense anywhere else honestly in my opinion)

2. I will not be doing trade evolutions. (the pokemon will just level up like normal, if it's a pokemon that needs to trade with an item I'm going to treat the item like an evolution stone.)

3. I will be referring to 95% of the pokemon as "IT" it's just easier to keep track of. only exception is if i run into a situation like using the move attract or if I will throw in a little pokemon romance.

4. I have no plans currently to use Tierno, Trevor, or Shawna. I just haven't found any use for them yet. Maybe in the future but no promises.

5. I will not be using the Squishy plot line from the show. TBH I found it kind of dumb, but i have use for Zygarde.

6. Serena will not be participating in pokemon showcases but instead she will be participating in the battle chateau (sorry but I found them to be just a bit too boring) but fret not she will discover something late in the arc to push her in the direction of pokemon contests(I feel they are much more interesting)

7. This first story will be following the XY series anime so there are plenty of events taken straight from the anime and the games, and I like quite a few of the moments in them the next 2 arcs will be very different however.

8. I have taken inspiration from several sources including FanaticLAGuy06, Heracross0122, Zanolith, and a few others that I couldn't find, combined with events in the anime and throwing in my own characters i feel makes for a great story, so if any of that bugs you, sorry.

9. I am by no means a professional writer, so there's bound to be some grammar and spelling mistakes, throughout the process of writing this story I hope to improve.

10. I have a day job, sometimes i can crank out a couple chapters a week, sometimes it might be 1 a month, please bear with me, life happens.

11. This will not be an ultimate realism take on pokemon, I will try and make each character make rational decisions that make sense to their character and insert some realism overall but it's not going to be a true to life interpretation of Pokemon

12. I may make changes if I feel I need to make them. If I feel something about a character isn't working or I feel the need to add something to their character I will do my best to notify you all of any changes. Usually this will probably little bits of character that I overlooked in the process of writing no massive story changes will be altered like this, just small bits or something I forgot to mention.

With that I hope you enjoy each chapter I upload :)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN POKEMON.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Just a little bit closer... The young sandy blonde-haired boy thought as he reached out to touch the pokemon.

He loved pokemon, and wanted to play with everyone he came across. While in the park that day, he had found a little Rattata and of course just had to go over and make friends with it.

There was something about this Rattata that seemed to draw the boy to it. The boy didn't really question it though, as he followed it into a small group of trees next to the park.

He had followed it to a large bush and was so close to petting it. Just when he was about to touch it another sound was heard, a rustling in the bush, and a large orange rat like pokemon came barreling out of the bush ready to defend its young from whatever was intruding on its home. It was a Raticate.