Chapter Thirty-Six: Sergio and Kate's Wedding

"You look beautiful Kate," Adriana gushed stepping forward and hugging her friend, she couldn't believe that today was the day that Kate was getting married to Sergio; it seemed like only yesterday that she had gotten engaged. 

Kate nodded her head and stepped back from Adriana, she smoothed out her ivory scalloped lace backless floor length wedding dress and looked at Adriana with a smile; she was so happy and she couldn't wait to see Sergio again. 

Kate had spent the night in some expensive hotel at Sergio's insistence, she had been away from home since late evening the day before and she was missing Sergio; she wanted nothing more than to see him again. 

Jenny smiled moving over to her friends, she was a little jealous that Kate and Adriana would be getting married before her; her own relationship had hit a little bump in the road and she was sure that things would move forward soon. 

Adriana and Jenny were both wearing lilac strapless sweetheart knee length bridesmaid dresses, the two were Kate's best friends and she couldn't imagine her big day without the two women by her side. 

"Where's Junior?" Adriana asked curiously, she had only just arrived since she'd had to drop Martin off with Iker's parents; she had been a little upset about leaving her son behind but she had needed to do it for a few hours while she was Kate's maid-of-honour. 

"With Sergio's parents," Kate replied nervously, she peeked at the clock knowing that her son would be just fine with her new in-laws; she missed him and their separation was only for a couple of hours. 

Adriana nodded her head, she knew how Kate felt about being away from her son and she didn't blame her; she doubted that she would feel truly right again until she had Martin back in her arms. 

"I think I'll go get us some champagne," Jenny teased seeing that things were about to get a bit emotional; she had no idea what was going to happen when they reached the church were Kate and Sergio were getting married.

***

Iker took a deep breath as he stood next to Sergio at the front of the church, he was a little surprised at how everything seemed to be shaping up for the big day and it made him think about how own wedding. 

Iker knew that there hadn't been any planning done for his own wedding, he didn't want them to have an extended engagement when things were going so well for them; he wanted them to have a big day that they loved. 

Sergio shifted nervously as he waited for Kate to arrive, he wondered what was taking her so long and he hoped that she hadn't ditched him at the altar; he peeked around the church that was filled with so many people. 

"They're here," René Ramos said smiling at his younger brother, he couldn't believe that this was actually happening; he moved to stand next to Iker knowing that this was it and there was no going back now. 

Jenny was the first to walk down the aisle, she smiled at Sergio and Iker knowing that they were both lucky men; she doubted they would be able to look away when their women walked down the aisle after her. 

Iker felt her breath catch in his throat as Adriana walked down the aisle, she looked beautiful and he had missed her while she had been away from him; he had spent the night with Sergio making sure that his best friend didn't lose his mind. 

Iker couldn't take his eyes off Adriana, he smiled softly watching her walk down the aisle and he knew that they needed to set a date for their wedding; he wanted to have what Sergio had and he wanted to call Adriana his wife. 

Adriana moved to stand next to Jenny before everyone turned to look at Kate as she walked down the aisle with her father, she smiled at the sight of Sergio knowing that this was what she wanted.

***

"Have I told you today how beautiful you look," Iker whispered kissing Adriana as they swayed on the dance floor, it had been a long day and he was glad that it had gone so well for Kate and Sergio. 

The new Mr and Mrs Ramos weren't far away from them enjoying their own slow dance, the newly married couple were wrapped up in each other that they didn't care what was going on around them. 

"Once or twice," Adriana replied softly looking up at Iker, she kissed his nose as she watched his face and she wondered what was going to happen next for them. 

Iker chuckled ducking down to kiss Adriana, he was glad that his parents had Martin for the day and he was sure that their little boy was perfectly fine with them for a couple more hours. 

"I've been thinking," Iker murmured softly looking down at Adriana, he still didn't know what his career was going to look like in the next few months but he did know what he wanted to happen. 

Adriana rested her head against Iker's and closed her blue eyes, she felt so at peace right now and she wanted nothing more than to enjoy this evening with her fiancé. 

"19th of July 2016," Iker stated making Adriana pull back and look at him confused, she didn't know what he was telling her that date for; she knew he had the Euros next year but even if they didn't reach the final it would be all over before that date. 

Iker chuckled kissing Adriana, he knew that he hadn't really explained what he was suggesting and he wanted nothing more than to have a date set for their wedding day; he didn't want to waste any time when he had no idea what the next year would hold for him. 

"For our wedding," Iker explained with a smile, he kissed Adriana hoping that she liked the date and he knew that it gave them thirteen months to pull together their wedding.

Adriana stared at Iker for a moment taking in what he had said, she hadn't been expecting him to suggest a date; she knew that things were up in the air right now especially with all the rumours going around about him leaving Madrid. 

Adriana studied Iker's face before she nodded her head, she knew that thirteen months would be enough time to pull together a wedding and she was hopeful that things would have gotten better by then for them. 

Iker didn't want to leave Madrid and Adriana knew that he would only leave if he was forced out of the team, she wished that there was something that she could do to help but there was no way around it if the club wanted him gone. 

"I like it," Adriana murmured moving to kiss Iker, she liked the idea of a summer wedding and there wasn't much choice since Iker's career meant they couldn't really get married during the football season. 

Iker grinned holding Adriana close, he could already picture her in a wedding dress walking down the aisle towards him; he wanted that more than anything and he knew that it was going to be just fine. 

"I love you," Adriana whispered looking up at Iker, she stared into his brown eyes knowing that things would take a while to settle down but she was hopeful that it would happen.

 Iker kissed Adriana, he held Adriana close to him and he ignored the whistles from those around them; he was sure that everyone was going to get a little drunk at the end of the evening. 

Adriana rested her head against Iker's, she didn't know what they were going to do but she knew that there was a lot of planning that needed to be done if they were going to get married next year.