time of the month

date: july 28th 2023
2162words

taylor's pov:
ouch. a wrap my arms around my lower abdomen, i was really hoping it was just some pms cramping, but as a sat up, i felt *that* feeling.

shit. my period came.. in the middle of the night.. at my boyfriends house. i wish my uterus could just tell me im not pregnant instead of making me bleed for 7 days a month. it's not fun.

i don't really want to announce that i got my period to travis, i get that it's normal and all, but i've only known him for a month or two, i don't need him to see me like this.

i know he probably wouldn't be mad or anything, unlike some of my exes. i just don't want to talk about my bodily functions to him.

i didn't realize i had bled onto his sheets until i stood up to go to the bathroom. fuck. i hate being a girl so much. i even wore a pad before sleep, just in case, but that clearly didn't help. how the hell did i even manage to bleed through a night pad in like 3hrs? what the fuck. i need to go to the doctor or something soon, that's too much bleeding.

i highly doubted that my period would actually come tonight, so i didn't bring any more pads, but apparently i was wrong.

i covered up the blood spot with another blanket, hoping travis wouldn't notice right away. i quietly walk into the bathroom, hoping i could find a pad of some sort.

i checked almost all of the cabinets, no luck. i didn't really expect to find anything, but whatever. i probably should've told him that i stained his sheets by now, but all i wanna do is cry. these damn period hormones aren't even funny.

i'm not even that upset, but tears are streaming down my face because of a silly little stupid problem that's not even my fault.

travis's pov:
i woke up and very quickly noticed taylor wasn't beside me. i assumed she probably got up to use the bathroom or get a drink, so i didn't think anything of it.

i was still half asleep, but i noticed a dark red stain on the bed sheets that wasn't there before, and taylor crying in the bathroom. she must've gotten her period or something. did she think i would be mad? poor girl.

taylor's pov:
"taylor?" i hear from the other side of the door.

shit. i must've woken up travis from all this crying, god i hope he doesn't break up with me after seeing me like this. he has barley seen me cry before, let alone on my period and a complete mess.

"taylor? taylor baby are you okay?"

i don't know how to answer. i feel bad. i don't know if i should apologize about the sheets, or what. i don't even feel like talking to him right now. not because i don't love him, i just know im gonna be a bitch and irritable.

"go away."

"tay, what's wrong? it's okay"

"im not telling you. i don't wanna talk about it."

"taylor, i promise it's okay."

"leave me the fuck alone. i don't want to talk about with you. it's a girl thing."

"can i come in? taylor baby, i want to make sure you're okay."

"im fucking fine. i don't wanna talk right now."

travis's pov:
i could tell she obviously didn't want me to know that she was on her period, which is okay, but i just want don't want her to think i'll be mad at her, i don't know a ton about periods, but i do know there's blood, so i can imagine taylor doesn't feel great.