Chapter 1

(This is just something I've been writing when I'm writing 13 years of struggle as well. Comment down below if you think I should continent or not and thanks.)

My name is Novela Smith I used to be normal and so did everybody else. Since I had turned 25 and had moved out of my shitty parents house. I had always struggled to pay rent and make ends meet.

I had to get up around 6 am every morning for work at the local diner called Daisies diner. I was a waitress who got bad tips from either drunks, crackheads, drag queens, or your local pimps. My boss always told me of how I sucked at my job.

So I got out of my sad looking bed and groaned as I rubbed my eyes and I reached for the remote and I turned on the News. " This is Rebecca Hearst coming to you live at 6. News for today. We should see a little sunshine as we head into the end of summer and a few showers later in the day. Now for developing News. The World health organization has released some new details telling what this New virus is that is currently spreading worldwide."

She continued. "If you have a high fever or anything that is one of the symptoms of the virus they highly encourage you to check into your local hospital." I pressed the off button on the remote and threw it on my bed and head to take a shower.

I didn't really care about this new stupid virus because it didn't seem serious to me. The videos online that were going around about it were all probably fucking staged or something boys some assholes to make us panic and worry.

Anyways I took a quick 10 minute shower and I put on an old brown towel and I put on my uniform and put my hair up into a bun and I applied my lipstick. My black eyeliner, and all the others. I needed to look presentable.

I didn't have time for breakfast and I just put my on my black stiletto heels my boss forced me to wear. He quote liked us to dress like tramps. I switched off the lights to my apartment and I locked the door with my key and headed down the dimly lit hallway to the parking lot.

I passed by my annoying landlord Simon who had made advances on me and occasionally catcalled me a few times I could feel his eyes on me as I passed the front desk and I just minded my own business and went out the door to my car.

My car was an old beat up jeep cherokee that used to belong to my dad. He had given it to me a few years ago. But I wanted a new car because the first time I drove it. It broke down on a back road near my hometown of Minneapolis.

I had moved to Milwaukee for College and I ended up majoring in communications. Now that I think about it. It was kind of a boring major. So that's why I dropped out when I was 21 and ended up as a stupid waitress.

Anyways I started up my car and closed the door and buckled my seat belt in. I adjusted my rear mirrors and backed out of the parking lot. Since I left early in the morning there wasn't many people around. Only some joggers or dog walkers.

I tuned the radio into a radio station which was playing Metallica. One of my favorite bands. I blasted it up all the way until my ears bleed. This would most likely be the only good part of the day. I reached Daisies after a 12 minute drive and I parked in the employee parking area.

No one else was here and I sighed and unbuckled my seatbelt and I opened my door and got out. I locked my car door and I made sure my purse and everything. I unlocked the door to Daisies and went inside and switched on the light switch. Damn it was freezing in here. I shivered a little and closed the door behind me.

I entered the kitchen and did my daily routine and I waited for awhile for everyone else to get here. The whole diner was eerily silent except for my heavy breathing and the ceiling fan. I walked out into the dining area with my heels tapping against the white tiled floor. I looked out the large picture window into the alleyway across the street to see some crackhead with a beard shuffling around.

His eyes were yellow and he seemed intrigued when the cars passed by. I just went back to what I was doing because he couldn't hurt me.

I had dealt with crackhead before. My exboyfriend Tanner was one. He did everything for a bag of crack. He hit me and punched me one time he had hit me over my head over the head with a big ass beer bottle with.

That made me fall unconcious for a long time and I ended up with a concussion and had to be hospitalized for around 2 weeks. I couldn't leave and that's when I decided I had enough and left him.

I glanced back one more time to see the crackhead stumble out of the alley and onto the sidewalk and he dragged his feet across as he disappeared out of view. I turned around and sighed. Today would be a very long and painful day.

I walked back into the kitchen and started taking some plates out of the shelves. I sighed and walked around to the back door. I opened the door and stepped outside. I reached into my pocket and shuffled my hand around for a while.

I quickly found my lighter and I pulled out a pack of cigarettes. Who gives a shit if there unhealthy? My life was already shitty enough. I didn't have a purpose. Would I ever find a purpose? I took one of the cigarettes out of the pack and put it to my lips.

I lit it and soon inhaled the smoke. After a few seconds I exhaled. I kept doing that for a little while until I dropped my cigarette to the concrete step and stomped it out with the base of my heel.

I soon turned around and opened the door and walked back in the building. Time to bring on today...