//Epilogue: Only Shooting Stars break the Mold~//

It's been a little while, hasn't it? So much has happened, so many things you have seen. It's a few months later, and all your hard work has come to this. Joining Golden Cheese on the final attack against the dark enchantress and bringing an end to the darkness that may soon engulf the world. You yourself had dealt with such a horrible thing, having to confront it head on in the battle that claimed your left eye. But you had survived, and come out stronger than ever before. To say people are impressed at such a rapid turnaround is an understatement.

And none were more so impressed than Golden Cheese herself. Why, your recovery was a marvel, a testament to her new doctrine! Her kingdom would come back one day, she just has to grab fate by the horns and bend it to her will! And you were gonna help her get her people back, back to the real world. It may only be a certain amount of them, as the destruction of the simulation's preservation protocol and smoked cheese's doing had eliminated a few. But nothing was truly perfect. And hey, Burnt Cheese being here at all was proof enough that people could be saved from that accursed simulation.

But that is for the future, right now it was time to prepare for the final battle. Dark Cacao's warriors had massed and were preparing to strike on the shores of the savage continent. You and Golden Cheese would be the tip of the spear, so to speak, as you would lead the charge alongside the other ancients and their cohorts to pierce the defenses and take down dark enchantress cookie for good. But that was not now, it would be in about an hour's time. Enough time to... deal with anything else you had on your mind. You and Golden Cheese were alone in your tents, preparing to take it down so that nothing could be gleamed of it by hostiles.

But as if by fate, you heard a familiar laugh. One you thought you'd never again. The two of you look to the corner to see a ghost of a cookie sitting in a chair. You knew who this old cookie was instantly. "G-grandfather? What... How..." You said, utterly lost and confused as to how this could be. "Afterlife was gettin' boring, Kiddo. And plus, I've heard you've gotten up to things. Things that weren't good." Your grandpa said, looking down with seeming disappointment. Looks like you might get berated for murdering your old man all those months ago.

So imagine your shock when after a brief moment of silence, Grandpa bursts out laughing. "I'm just pullin' your leg, Kiddo! Fuck my son, he wasn't good enough to even fight back let alone use that whip of mine!" He said wholeheartedly, laughing all the way through. Even dead, his sense of humor and sheer presence was still fully intact. You smile, and say to golden cheese "This is my grandfather, or more accurate his ghost." "Right you are, Kiddo! And oh my, you managed to pull quite the looker! What's your name, lovely lady?" He immediately interjects with, looking at golden cheese with starry eyes. Striking her spear on the ground, she wastes no time and says "I am Golden Cheese cookie, Leader of the Radiant Kingdom and Member of the 5 ancients! Pleasure to meet you."

"I see, then. I've been watching your progress so far, Kiddo. Gotta say, I'm impressed." Grandpa says, putting a ghostly hand on your shoulder. You smile and tell him "Well you know... I just did what came natural. That's what being an adventurer is all about, right?" "Right you are! Anyway, I'd better go now. Just came to wish you two luck on your battle here. It's gonna be quite the show, I'm excited!" he says, chuckling one last time. With a humble nod, and a quick wink towards you, grandpa leaves to go back to the afterlife.

Minutes later, after taking down the tent, you and golden cheese share one last moment before the battle. "Well, Little bird... This is it. Never thought I'd be here of all places when I first laid my eyes on you." She begins, wistfully looking at the sea to your backs.  You chuckle and say "Well, in fairness, I never expected to be here either! But that's the thing with my profession.  You just go with the flow and see what happens next." "I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. Whatever happens next, We will be ready! The future is ours to determine, the dark enchantress won't stop that!" Golden Cheese says, as if to challenge the dark enchantress' ideas for a new world directly. And without a single moment more of delay, you two kiss. It was only natural, after all, you were planning to make things more official later. But for now... the two of you gather in the formation. And as Pure Vanilla declares "Our Light will not falter!" against the coming cake horde, you and Golden Cheese Smile. Time to experience the greatest moments of your life!

//The End.//