003 | Seems Easy

The swords clashed harshly together. Pushing forward Mary was able to shove Clover. She stumbled slightly her footing faltering and she beads of sweet dripping down her face. Clover grinned sharply after a beat and lunged forward, expecting this Mary side stepped and ended up behind Clover whose back was now towards her. Raising her sword she charged but Clover turned suddenly and their blades met in the middle.

Caught slightly off guard Mary didn't defend when Clover swiped at her hand and her sword clattered to the ground. Clover watched it fall triumphantly her own sword now pointed at Mary. Not intending to lose so easily Mary let herself drop to the ground and swept her leg across Clover's feet sending the girl tumbling down. She coughed violently and breathed in sharply, Mary took this distraction to reach for her sword and stand back up. She stood over her downed opponent her sword pointed between her eyes.

Clover glared, her ponytail has fallen out and the bandanna that had tied it up now laid down next the her sprawled out hair. Mary still stood over her, her twin braids laid gently on each shoulder glued down by her sweat.

Clover after a moment of catching her breath gave her a smile a soft one, and raised her hands up. Seeing this Mary lowered her sword and reached out with her hand. Clover's smile brightened and she slowly reached up to take it, but as she neared her smile sharpened and her legs swept under Mary's sending her down. With an unceremonious grunt Mary was flat on her back.

Clover barked out a laugh as she tried to sit up. She clutched her stomach as she laughed even louder. Unamused Mary propped herself up with her elbows and gave her a glare, though there wasn't an ounce of heat behind it. Watching as Clover failed to control her laughter Mary snorted, which turned in a cackle, and the two loudly laughed together. Both now curled up on the ground clutching at their stomach.

Clover was the first to semi settle down, wiping at the tears in her eyes, she spoke laughter still in her tone, "did you seriously try and stab me in the back?"

Mary gave a faux guilty look that melted away almost immediately as she giggled again, "My bad?"

Clover scoffed and stood up reaching down afterwords for Mary waiting hands, who gently placed her shoes atop Clovers and hefted herself up.

"You gotta be ready for anything especially with this big quest you're going on,"

Clover groaned loudly and ran her hands over her face, whilst shaking her head. She had been hoping to forget about the fact that she, of all people, had been chosen to go on this quest. She had hoped training with Mary would take her mind off the fact she'd be leaving in a few hours, and it had until just now.

"Ugh don't remind me!" Mary only giggled and reached down to grab Clovers bandana.

"You'll be fine Clo,"

Clover fixed her with an unimpressed look, "you don't even know what it's about."

Mary rolled her eyes and shoved the bandana into Clover's hands, "Then tell me,"

"Hades apparently stole Zeus' Master Bolt so we gotta go to the Underworld and get it before WW3 breaks out," towards the end Clover threw up her hands and sighed loudly, "Seems easy, we got this in the bag."

Mary huffed then stood in front of her. She placed her hands firmly on each of Clover's shoulders, and foxed her with a determined stare, "You'll be fine," she told her matter of factly with her signature blinding smile, "I'm a daughter of Apollo I know these things."

She left no room for arguments so Clover just smiled back and nodded her head. She knew she was probably right. Percy had made a decently smart move choosing her. Los Angeles was really far and they were bound to run into monsters. But monsters had never bothered her thanks to her mother's gifts. She'd only ever had trouble the one time on her way into camp. With her around they'd probably be fine. Though when she thought about it she wasn't sure if her gifts could affect other people. So maybe, most likely, they were still pretty screwed.