Overture

[The chapter begins with Charlie telling the story on how the universe was made]

Charlie Morningstar: Once upon a time, there was a glowing city protected by golden gates, known as Heaven. It was ruled by beings of pure light. Angels that worshiped good and shielded all from evil. Lucifer was one of these angels. He was a dreamer with fantastical ideas for all of creation. But, he was seen as a troublemaker by the elders of Heaven. For they felt his way of thinking was dangerous to the order of their world.

Charlie: So, he watched as the angels began to expand the universe in their ways. From the dust of Earth, they created Adam and Lilith. Equals as the first of mankind, but despite this, Adam demanded control, and Lilith refused to submit to his will. She fled the Garden. Drawn in by her fierce independence, Lucifer found her and the two rebellious dreamers fell deeply in love. Together, they wished to share the magic of free will with humanity, offering the Fruit of Knowledge to Adam's new bride, Eve, who gladly accepted. But this gift came with a curse. For with this single act of disobedience, evil finally found its way into the Earth. With it, a new realm of darkness and sin. And the order Heaven worked to maintain was shattered.

Charlie: As punishment for their reckless act, Heaven cast Lucifer and his love into the dark pit he had created, never allowing him to see the good that came from humanity, only the cruel and the wicked. Ashamed, Lucifer lost his will to dream. But Lilith thrived, empowering demonkind with her voice and her songs. And as the numbers of Hell grew, so did its power.

Charlie: Threatened by this, Heaven made a truly heartless decision. That every year, they would send down an army, an Extermination, to ensure Hell and its sinners could never rise against them. But Lilith's hope remained. And her dream was passed down to their precious daughter, the Princess of Hell.

Charlie: But that not where the story end [ as Charlie starts telling a new story the story of Azazel the first fallen angel] Azazel was one's a powerful angel second only to the archangels the most powerful angel in heaven. Azazel was giving the job to watch over humanity he did the job he was giving for thousands of years but over time he grew curious of the being he was charges to watch over. So one day he went down to earth with 99 other angels who have acquired the same curiosity as he did and started to interact with humanity teaching them forbidden knowledge and breeding with the daughter of man something that was forbidden to angels. As punishment heaven sent out the archangel Raphael the angel of fire to kill Azazel and all the angels that follow him. The battle lasted for days as Raphael mange to kill 50 of the angels that follow Azazel. In a last ditch effort to save the remaining that followed him Azazel offered himself to be punished in exchange that Raphael would spare the rest, the archangel accepted this offer as heaven cats Azazel into a pit of eternal darkness chaining him for all eternity, sowing he's eyes just so that he will never see light again and rip out he's wings so that he would never escape. As for the rest of the angels they were cast into hell losing there halo and having there wings darken to a pich black. But they were not the only ones punished as heaven flooded the earth in a great storm, a tale known as Noah's arc.

[As Charlie finishes narrating, she closes a book titled "The Story of Hell" and looks out to Pentagram City.]

Charlie: Don't worry, Mom. I'll make you proud.

[Charlie soberly looks out the window to Pentagram City burning to the ground, just as Vaggie comes into the room.]

Vaggie: Charlie?

[The key Charlie is holding transforms into KeeKee who scampers away, and Charlie turns to Vaggie in surprise.]

Charlie: Aah! Oh, shit. Did you hear all that?

Vaggie: Uh, yeah. I was right there.

[Vaggie points her thumb to the doorway.]

Charlie: Sorry. I get pre-tty worked up after an extermination happens. The story helps...