2: The Talk

The moment Athanasia woke up, she was shocked to see Claude waiting for her in her living room. He was still doing his job quietly while Felix is in stand by.

"Daddy?" Athanasia ask.

"You're awake... Help the princess to be prepared we'll go somewhere later after an early lunch," Claude ordered. Lily nodded and three maids also helped Athanasia to prepare. After an hour, Athanasia sat to the opposite of Claude's chair. He was still focused as usual.

"Everyone, leave us, Felix stay," Claude ordered again.

"Daddy?" Athanasia asked nervously. She doesnt know why but she felt the tension in the air. She can't help but to play with her fingers.

"You heard our conversation yesterday isn't it?" Claude ask. Athanasia flinch. Is she going to get punished? No, Daddy loves her now, its impossible. But she can't help but to feel nervous.

"To be honest with you, I plan to tell this to you after the coronation. But due to some circumstance... I think its time," Claude softly said.

"Felix was my first born..." Claude started. Athanasia widen her eyes. It basically jusy confirmed what she thought yesterday.

"Yo-your my Hyung?" Athanasia ask. Felix just smile and nodded.

"I am the First Son of the Empress of Obelia Empire," Felix added. Athanasia gulp as she felt sweat started to build up.

She only knew that Diana, her mother is a concubine. But still a favored concubine. She thought that there is no Empress in Obelia at all. But she felt shock to find out that the Empress Throne is actually occupied?

"Then... Where is the Empress? Can Athy meet her?" Athanasia ask. Claude sigh and relax himself.

"HE was in state of Comatose for 24 years..." Claude said. Emphasising the word he. Athanasia blink once, then twice.

She didn't expect that the Empress is actually a Male. She started to feel excited. As a fan of boys love in her previous life she can't help but to be excited. But it immediately died down when she process the fact that the Empress is actually in state of comatose.

"Then... What about mom?" She whisper.

"Well... Diana was more like my best friend to be honest. We met at the circumstance of both of us will gain something to each other... She needed to hide while I needed a companion. We... Never really love each other," Claude explain.

"She was the princess of Siodonna who disguised herself as a dancer in order to not get married to the older duke in her place because her father is a greedy king. I need someone to "satisfy" the distraught pest at that time because of the "lack of heir". It's not that I can't deal with those pests but they are annoying. She knew about my Empress and actually tried to help but we really can't do anything at that time. So she became my concubine," Claude started to explain.

"One time when we just introduced her to the public, a greedy fraction thought they could use her as a puppet to control me because we put on a show that I really favored her. She was drugged and almost got assaulted. Their plan is to ruin her and use her as a bargaining chip but Felix found out and killed them all. We lack the ingredients for the antidote of the drug and Diana's life is on the line. So I had no choice but to be responsible, thus you were conceive," Claude added. There is a long pause for the two of them.

She honestly doesn't know what to feel. Especially to this fact that her parents actually didn't love each other romantically.

"Then... Why.... Why did you leave Athy in Ruby Palace..." Athanasia tried to calm her nerves. She felt like this a taboo topic when it comes to Claude.