Chapter 2: The Deal

For the past three weeks, Alastor has observed your shows, imprinting every minute detail about you. The way you sway your hips to the music to attract the audience followed by the sensual tone of voice for flavor. A ruse to keep the sinners coming back for more. You always knew how to work a crowd in your living days, why would hell be any different? As annoying as it is, Alastor wouldn't find you more desirable if you didn't use your gifts. Even as he sits in silence, it's proven challenging to keep his composure. Especially when on occassion, a random guy reaches out to caress your legs. This encourages others to do the same. You would pull away but to no avail. Of course, Alastor wasn't having any kind of indecency to happen under his watch. He would casually send his shadow to dispose of them. This becomes a warning to the others to behave. Sometimes, they would scurry out of the club for fear of their lives. You in turn, didn't know why groping stopped. You were just relieved it did.

By the end of the evening, Alastor would wait for you in the alley to "escort" you home. As you walked through the streets, you would feel an ominous aura stalk you. You would look over your shoulder for any suspicious activity, but there was nothing except an empty route. Once inside your apartment, the lingering feeling disapates, allowing you to relax.

The demon then returns home, cheerful than ever to have seen his precious doe. The residents, on the other hand, are perplexed by his sudden shift in demeanor. Angel Dust and Husk were the ones who surmised it had something to do with you. Whatever the case, it has everyone standing on their toes. There is no telling what would happen should anyone ruin his mood.
_____________________________________

The following week, you entered the scene like any other except for one thing. Your performance lacked fervor. Instead, you gave lamentation. The audience were even puzzled, yet your improve skills swayed them in into thinking it's a new act. Alastor would have bought it himself if he weren't so keen. Something has caused you grief, and he was about to find out why.

After the show, Alastor wandered back stage in search for your dressing room. He snaps his fingers materializing a boquet of roses before knocking on the door. "I said get lost!" You shouted. "What part of no do you not understand, Vox?" Vox? Did you just mistake him for that narcissistic coward? The name alone agitates the demon into clenching his jaw. His hair stands on end, and an eye twitches at the thought of him. What did Vox have anything to do with you? Were you the block head's partner? He hoped not for he has already decided to claim you for his own.

"I believe you have me confused with someone else." He said.

Alastor's static voice was enough to convince you to open the door. You're surprised to see a tall, handsome redhead at your doorstep. Your cheeks heat up the longer you gawk at the fellow. In turn, Alastor is enamoured by your beauty. From your luscious lips, the hypnotizing curves, styled hair unchanged while you were alive, and lastly your bright, doe eyes. The way they're sizing him up sends his heart into a flutter. The agonizing urge to have you fuels his dark temptations. "I-I'm so sorry. Please, come in." You move aside as he strides in, surveying the room for any hidden cameras. If Vox is lurking around, chances are you're being monitored in secrecy.

Alastor spins on his heel, and hands over the bouquet after finding nothing discernable. "These are for you, my dear."

You're flattered to personally recieve flowers, and not just any flowers either. Roses, the symbol of love, and passion. Their color is what soothes you the most as it reminded you of the days of old. "They're lovely." You press your nose against the petals for a whiff.

"Not as lovely as you." He cooed.

Again, you blush at his boldness. "Thank you, Mr..?"

"Alastor!" He chirped. "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I'm a long time fan of yours."

"Is that so? I haven't seen you around." That was a lie. You have taken notice of his recent attendance.

"I'm talking about during your time on Earth." You perk up with intrigue. "You would air on the radio, and sing your little heart out for the world to hear. Your songs would rattle the whole city into a dancing frenzy. Eventually, Your fame was known far and wide and gathered a large fan base. Men would grovel at your feet for a chance to meet you, while women envied you."

Your eyes light up content to learn more about yourself. "Even back then, I was famous?"

"Absolutely!" He confirmed. "But I'm sure you already know that."

Your smile fades as you set the boquet down on the desk, perturbing the redhead. Did he go overboard with his compliments?He was merely stating the truth. You stare at your reflection in the mirror as it displays a deep sadness filled with a mystery you cannot decipher. "Actually, no. I don't know a thing about my time in the living." You admitted, earning a look of astonishment from the man. "This is the first I've heard about myself in long time." You turn around and proceed, "I woke up in hell one day with no memory whatsoever." You don't know why you were easily confessing your troubles to a total stranger, but it felt as though you needed someone to vent to. Throughout the years, you've been alone with no one to call a friend. You were reserved, soley focused on one objective.

Alastor's grin widens as he devises the perfect plan. Everything was falling on his lap without lifting a single finger. To think that you're practically vulnerable enough to be plucked. He can taste sweet victory on the tip on his tongue. "It sounds like a case of amnesia." You tilt your head quizzically at Alastor's diagnose. "Which is an easy fix. All you have to do is retrace your steps, and hope it triggers anything."

"That is impossible when I can't recall a single thing." You argued.

"Ah, but I have extensive knowledge about you." His smirk suddenly feels cold, the room grows darker as if foretelling of an unpleasant event. You step back while he takes a step forward until your back hits the desk. "I know exactly who you are, Miss (Y/n)." Your true name rings a bell, flashes of the past come flooding through your mind. It's vague, and terrifying compared to your current situation. You hold your aching head trying to process what is happening. Alastor leans down ignoring your pain as he continues, "I can help you, for price." His eyes start to glow as he reveals his true colors.

You glare at the demon in disgust. You don't know what Alastor's intentions are or he has trapped you, but you can sense it's nothing good. The lights flicker as it sets a horrific mood. You grip the edge of the desk for dear life. "What could you possibly want from me?" You growled. "I have nothing worthwhile."

"On the contrary." Alastor's fingers walk across your arm to your shoulder. "You see, I have an acquired taste many do not reach. You, however, have puiqed my interest." His hand grips your chin tipping it up for eye level. "Your soul is delicacy I must claim for my own."

The contact sends a shiver down your spine, sparking an unusual flame within you. You can't tell if you're frightened or aroused. The demon was trying to conquer you through a bargain. Still, you knew better than to sell your soul only to be treated like a slave. No. You refuse to be anyone's tool. "I won't sell my soul to you." You protested.

Alastor throws his head back with a cackle, as he releases his hold on you. "No, I don't want it. I want to bind it with mine." He corrected. Did you hear right? Did Alastor propose to you? The confusion in your eyes is evident for the redhead to clarify. He pulls you close and grasps your hand in the other. "Yes, I'm talking about unholy matrimony, in exchange for knowledge." He waltzes around the room with you before dipping you down and offering his hand. "So, do we have a deal?"

Again, something about Alastor has you under his spell. There is some comfort to him despite the fact that he's selfishly restraining information about you. Most people would flat out reject and run away screaming for their lives, but you didn't feel like you had a choice. The demon in front of you knows who you are, and felt like the only source you have. It's been six years and you're no closer to finding out anything. Besides, marriage is on your bucket list, and Alastor seemed charming enough, right?

"Deal." You shake his hand firmly as a green light brightens the room as Alastor's face distorts into his real form for a second.

"Pleasure to doing business with you."