The Sticky Note

2010 27/02 7:16 am

275 Greenwich ST NYC 

The sound of timid chatter could be heard among the few people in the cafe. It wasn't very busy in the morning after all. "Here you are sir, that'll be, 11 dollars and 60  cents! Are you paying with cash or card today?" The cashier, a young and quite slim woman, asked the man as she waited patiently behind the register. "Thank you, its cash today" he replied, handing over the money. He left as quickly as he came, and the Cashier stood there waiting for another order.

About 3 minutes later, the bell on the door rang, indicating someone had just entered the store. It was a middle aged man, assumed to be in his early 30s. He slowly walked up to the counter, "Hi! My name is Valerie, what would you like to order today!" Valerie, the Cashier, greeted him. "Hey! Er.." he looked at the menu for 10 seconds and then looked back. "Ah.. Im sorry I haven't really ordered from here before. What do you recommend?" he asked, chuckling a bit. "Oh! I see" she smiled "I honestly recommend the Cappuccino if you enjoy espresso, but make sure to request milk substitutes if you aren't into thick milk. You can also take a look at the available syrups you can add" She shortly explained to him. "Cool! Ill get a Cappuccino then, with Vanilla syrup, err skim milk and add another shot of espresso" He smiled. "Great, can you just write your name on this piece of paper and Ill call for you when your order is ready" She passed him a pen and paper. He wrote his name and slid it back. "Your order will be ready soon!" he walked to the side and stood there scrolling on his phone.

10 minutes had passed, the time was now 7:32 am. Valerie grabbed the mans drink and looked at the paper he had written on, it read: Pedro. "Pedro?" She called out. The man then looked at her. "Thats me!" He smiled, walking back to the counter. "Cool! That'll be 7 dollars, cash or card?" She passed him the drink. "Cash, thank you" He replied handing her a 20 dollar bill with a sticky note on the back. She was grabbing his change until she heard the door bell ring. She looked up and he was gone. "Sir? Uh.." She looked around and went on her break early, running out of the store and looking for him. Not knowing whether to turn right or left she just clenched the 20 in her hands. Then she noticed the sticky note.

'Keep the change :)' 

His number underneath, she looked at it surprised and looked around one last time. He was probably long gone already. She shrugged and headed back in.

"What a nice guy" She remarked to herself

End of chapter 1

NOTE:

aaaaaaa i hope u guys liked the first chapter. Im not the best at grammar but if you enjoyed it please vote!! (pressing the star thing) it doesnt take much of your time either!! :) also if u see my username its not my fault I CANT CHANGE IT..