4: Meeting The Mysterious Lan

So they reach the mountain Mai referred to.

Eura ; we're here.

Mai held herself up from leaning against his back. She got off the pegasus. He did the same " hold on me. "

She held onto his shoulder. He left her through the gate. It was a mess everywhere. The ground was dug with holes , everything was flipped everywhere. Herbs and plants were stepped over.

" he's going to be angry. " She spits out purple and red liquid.

Eura ; Mai ! Sit down first.

He took a bench on the ground and flipped it upright. She sat down.

" I'll go look for him. " And he went around the house to look for a man. After a round of looking, he didn't see anyone . He came back out " there's no one. "

Mai : ring the bell.

Eura went over and rang the bell hanging by the corner of the wall.

Then a man came walking over " Mai. Hey. Woaaah . Get her in. "

__________________________________

He stirs the medicine in the pot " hmm... It's getting worser each time. Last time it would at least be a week after the bell rings . When did she start the poison leaking ?"

Eura : eh ? 2 days after the bell.

" Hmm... Who are you? "

Eura : I'm Eura.

" Oh. "

Eura ; she saved me and we got chased .

" That explains it."

Eura : you must be a very good physician if you can treat her illness. Erm... How do I address you ?

" Rain Lan"

Eura : lan... Lan ?! Healer Lan ?! Doctor Lan ?!

Rain : that's my old man and my younger brother.

Eura ; .... Ehh ?!!! You're the mysterious unknown Lan brother ?

Rain sighed " sure. "

Eura ; so you're Red House too.

Rain : stop. My old man sure works for that Red House old man. But not me. I have my own things.

Eura : oh ...ok.

Rain scoops up the medicine into a bowl and enters into the room.

" Yes !! Me !! I know who is the mysterious lan !! " Eura jumped secretly in joy. Then he follows into the room.

Rain : Mai. Drink medicine. And I brought this. Your favourite.

She continues to vomit purple liquid out into the basin below

She continues to vomit purple liquid out into the basin below. Her half body lies out of the bed holding her body . She breathes in as it stops. She lies back " how many bowls ? "

Rain ; one. I didn't dilute this one. You need to drink it now.

" Eh ? " She pouts.

Rain ; drink it

She immediately turns over and hang over the bed and vomits out more purple liquid.

Rain : you've got to swallow the poison back so you can drink the medicine. Swallow

She did as he told. The took the bowl and drinks it down. She quickly snatches the flower and puts it into her mouth " not enough. "

Rain : here. Another one.

Eura ; what flower is that ?

Rain : Frosted Flakes. It's cooling to the tongue and sweet to taste. It numbs the tongue for a few seconds with it's cooling effect. So she likes it

Eura ; I see.

Rain ; come on. It's going to get ugly from here.
__________________________________

They waited outside.

Eura ; get ugly from here ?

Rain ; the cleansing is going to start. She's going to vomit the poison out. Most of it anyway.

Eura. ; isn't she already vomiting?

Rain : she's going to sweat it out too. It's going to come out of her nose as well. Whenever it can flood out , it will. It's an exhausting cruel cleansing process.

Eura ; and she still goes through it every 3 months ?

Rain ; she says it reminds her she can live for one more season. Unlike her comrades who died.

Eura : oh. So Mai has a past .

Rain ; everyone does.

__________________________________