Hope creates just as much possibility for disappointment as it does promise.

Warnings: SMUT 18+, unprotected sex, fingering (f!receiving), oral (f!receiving), oral (m!receiving), biting, nipple play, praise, degradation, name calling, lots of dirty talk, slight dom/sub, possessiveness, choking, touch of spit play, touch of breeding kink, edging, orgasm denial, simultaneous orgasm, swearing, mentions of heartbreak, awkwardness, embarrassment, emotional talks, anxiety, mentions of depression, fluff, sorry if I miss any!

The type of anticipation that makes you tap your foot against the ground, pacing and scratching at your head while your heart thuds against your chest, was a feeling you had not felt in a very long time. Just the same as the type of excitement that makes your head spin and your stomach twist with butterflies. It was accompanied with the type of love that fills you up so completely and wholly that you could not possibly imagine fitting anything else in your body. Those three feelings were so abundant inside of you that it was hard to think of anything else, and they were showing themselves in the most violent and loudest of ways. As you took post in the entryway of your home, your family got the brunt of the emotion bleeding out in response to the nervousness flooding your mind. You had snapped at both of your siblings when they distracted you from watching your phone, angry at the prospect of missing a text message, and you had completely ignored your mother when she called out to you, wondering what had gotten into you.

Sam Kiszka was the only person in the world who could elicit such a reaction from you, and you nearly forgot how much power he possessed. Since inviting him over earlier that morning, you had been counting down the seconds until you could see him. The anticipation was so intense that you were not even able to enjoy the coffee date with your sister. As soon as she parked her car in the driveway, you were rushing inside to jump in the shower and make yourself look presentable. After the heartbreak of having him again and forcing yourself to stay away, you had neglected self-care in every aspect. When Jake showed up at your doorstep that morning, you were surprised he even recognized you underneath the messy presentation.

Once you deemed yourself presentable, you had texted Sam and told him that he could come over anytime. Of course, after days of radio silence, he was in his car and driving as soon as the message was sent. It was not a long journey, but it seemed like an eternity as you watched out the front window, waiting to see the familiar face in the driver's seat of the vehicle.

Just when you thought he might have changed his mind and disappointment began to take over, your head snapped up to look out the window at the sound of tires on pavement. When you saw him park beside your car, you held your breath as you waited for him to get out. After what seemed like forever, you saw the familiar head of brown hair flash against the snow in the background. Your heart sped and a smile broke out on your lips. Before he even had the chance to knock, you opened the door to greet him, catching him off guard. His surprise didn't last for long, and it only took a few seconds for his smile to shine.

"Hi, Rapunzel." He said, his voice barely breaking through the air. He was anxious, and you could tell; his stature was rigid and his shoulders were not slumped like they usually were. He was terrified of making one move, because he thought it might ruin everything.

"Hi, Sammy." You stepped back, inviting him inside. "Thanks for coming. I know it was short notice." You apologized, looking up to meet his eyes. The shine of admiration made you forget all of your earlier fears. It was the same look you'd grown so accustomed to all those years ago, and you could recognize it even if it had been so long since you had seen it. It made you feel like you were the only person in the whole world, and it was just as dangerous after all that time.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything." He assured you, stepping inside but holding himself back from reaching out and touching you. "If you want to talk, I'm all ears. I'm really happy you reached out at all, even if you just want to tell me to go fuck myself." He chuckled, still talking lowly so nobody else could hear the exchange of words.