0.0

Cast Intro

Jung Ho-Yeon as Choi Ha-Na

Na, a girl living in a middle-class family with siblings who are far more successful than her, makes life a whole lot harder. Her older brother is a pharmacist, works with medicine is how she describes her. Her older sister is in college right now studying to be a pediatrician, helping save children or some shit like that. Both her parents own a restaurant making them business owners. Everyone in her family went to private schools, went to the best university in their country. Na went to a normal public school for most her school years, her grades were above average, but that isn't always enough. She joined every club possible, just to please her parents. She wasn't expecting to come home one day and see a letter from 'KISS'. In sort terms, it's one of the best private schools you could be accepted into it. Most kids only got in because their parents had money to get them in. In her case, she didn't even think her parents could pay the semesters intuition. 

Na walked into the kitchen, her school uniform still on and her bag hanging loosely off her shoulder. A 'KISS' letter in her hand as she went into the kitchen where both her parents sat. Na looked at them with a puzzled expression, not matching their excited ones.

"What is this" Na said, waving the letter around in an attempt for them to see what she was talking about. Her umma, (mom), spoke first with the brightest smile Na has ever seen on her face. 

"Your father and I were talking to a regular at our Restuarant and he was telling us how his son, Dae, was going to KISS this semester for schooling." Her Umma exclaimed, motioning her hands as she spoke to make her words clearer.

"Okay? But what does that have to do with me and why does this letter have my name and telling me 'You have been accepted into KISS'"?" Na deepened her tone to mimic how she thought the person who wrote this letter sounded. Her Appa, (father), spoke next.

"Your mother thought it wouldn't hurt after hearing how Dae was accepted and due to the fact both your siblings went to KISS, that we could give you a shot at a better education, so we enrolled you. Guess you have been accepted at the looks of it." Her Appa explained, his voice firmer than her mother's more excited tone. If Na wasn't this confused, she would have rolled her eyes at his tone.

"Let me get this straight. You guys enrolled me into KISS without my knowledge and now you're expecting me just to leave my friends and take the train all the way to Seoul to go to a school where I know no one. In which I have to be okay with all that? Not happening, Appa." Na stated with a condescending tone, tossing the letter onto the table. She watched her mother roll her eyes with a huff, while her father picked up the letter and started to read it.

Her Umma stood up from the chair and walked around the table, taking Na's hand in hers. " I know you won't be thrilled at leaving your friends here, but you could still see them on holidays and other events. This is an amazing opportunity, Ha-Na. You get a better shot at getting into a really good college if you go to KISS. We are just looking out for your future." It was Na's turn to huff at her mother's words, gently pulling her hand back and walking out of the kitchen. She ignored her mother calling her name and went into her room which was down the hall, to the right. She pushed open the wooden old door and stopped right when she saw two suitcases packed with her clothes along with other essentials. 

"You packed my belongings?!" Na shrieked throwing her school bag onto her floor before she stormed back into the kitchen where her mother was trying to avoid looking at her by busing dishes and her father slowly looked up from the letter with no reaction on his face. 

"We knew you would argue with us on going so we decided on not giving you a choice. You are already enrolled, and I already have your transfer papers from your old school to be sent over KISS. The decision is final, Ha-Na." Her father's tone firmer than it was earlier, showing there was no room from argument. It made Na's blood boil, but she forced it down and stormed back to her room. Slamming the old wood door closed, the sound echoing in the home. Guess not everyone is happy to be enrolled into KISS like they once thought.