Teaser

About fifteen years before the story.

Y/N glanced outside the window of the train that was pulling into the station, looking out at the winter wonderland outside. She was so excited. Her adoptive dads, Pigsy and Tang, were taking her and her brother, MK, to Lantern City. City of lights and snow.

Y/N had always loved snow. She didn't know why. She just died. Most young demons wouldn't be caught dead in the snow, finding it a hindrance. But now Y/N.

Finally the train pulled to a stop. "You kids go on ahead, we'll get the bags." Her papa, Tang, told them. The two kids giggled cheerfully and rushed off the train at the speed of light.

MK made a dash for the nearby hot cocoa stand, while Y/N went towards the snow. She played around for a bit catching snowflakes on her tongue before laying down in the snow, just looking up at the sky.

Despite the cold around her, Y/N felt right at home. She exhaled, watching the cloud of mist leave her mouth. She felt happy.

She reached her hand up towards the sky, as if she could simply catch the stars in her hand. Though she knew she couldn't.

Y/N stated there for what felt like peaceful hours but was only about ten minutes before her pops, Pigsy, called her name. "N/N! Come on, pumpkin! We gotta get to the hotel!" He called.

Y/N quickly got up, dusting the snow off her already giant scarf that practically reached the floor and covered the lower half of her face. She smiled as she rushed after her family, giggling like a nymph in spring.