CHAPTER III Part 1

I was 13 years old when I fell out of that window, grabbing in the air for anything to hold on to. But it was the rain that found me and held me in its arms. The rainwater grabbed me, laying me gently to the ground. By then I had fainted; both from using such power and shock. I hear it is normal for most people to faint when they use their powers for the first time; but then again it's usually around the age of 15 or later. You could say I was an early bloomer. By this point I hadn't known that magic was real. My parents sat me down along with my brother Zay that night. There was a point in history where instead of finding magic beautiful it began to be feared; monsters, witches, warlocks, evil spirits, many names were given. A man named Mason who was able to create a second plain on top of earth; a place for these people with powers to live, Startra. Magic is passed down through bloodline but can take form through water, fire, thunder, ice, sound, plant, and earth. Water and fire were the strongest and rarest forms. As we sat there talking, someone knocked on our door. My mom went to get it.
"Aryan, Zayan! Go to your rooms" she yelled from the door. We went but of course we listened.

"You know something that I want to know" A man, he had come alone, asking and beating around the bush.
"Of course Mr. Mason, what would you like to know?"
"Today in this house some powers were detected" hey he's asking about me!
"Yes. Our son he was blessed with water just this afternoon"
"Water? Was there nothing else?"
"Well there was-" My father was about to speak but my mother cut him off
"Nothing else. He fell out of the window so we were worried about him"
"Of course. We worry about our children. I worry about my daughter as well. With recent concerns about the evil of Yin people have been on more edge lately." Yin? What is that? It was quiet for a moment. "Do you remember the evil ruthless monsters unleashed by the Yin in 99'? My job as the protector and descendant of The Great King Mason is to ensure such things do not happen again"
"Of course. We both lost our parents. We don't know anything about the newborn Yin."
"I see. Are you sure? I believe your eldest son in what? 12? 13? And your youngest must be 10? I do know that maybe I'll need another Water Star to join my army, might be helpful"

My parents had to protect me. They turned her in; I didn't even know it was her back then. But to hold my parents under his grasp I was still sent to Vito's elite academy The Mason Prep Academy which aimed to cultivate the minds of the youth to serve Startra, protect, and build a better life for each person. Yeah, its exactly what you're thinking; brainwashing, to some extent. Most people don't realise it unless they are sent by force like I was. Everyone who graduates from here turns into a genius in music and different arts, sports, celebrities, sciences, maths, engineering and of course extremely powerful star power holders. The Academy teaches from Kindergarten up to College level courses; and I was given the amazing honour that night to have a full scholarship and complete a Water Star Bachelors. Just amazing. I had to leave that same night, all because of her. Maybe if all that hadn't happened I might have ended up being a florist for all I know. 

We had intel on the waiters uniforms updated up until 24 hours before we had left Atlantis. When we arrived at the palace we quickly snuck into the kitchen; I'm so stupid for not noticing it then. Jericho and I needed to get into Vito's room. If our intel was correct, Vito should already be gone outside of Berith for a meeting; behind Vito's room is another secret room where he keeps relics and artefacts. Our informer was reliable, she has been working in the palace for almost 3 years and has given up information that has proven true more than once and information that has helped us to get a lot of information in the past year. I've never met her, maybe that's where I had gone wrong. The sirens in the palace began to blair. All the waiters were called into a hall room. We tried to escape but were questioned and put back into the room. All the waiters were then asked to lift their left foot up behind them. That's when I noticed. I looked around but I couldn't see Jericho. The ground began to shake; this is it. There's no use in still holding my cover.