valentine's

in which, the nerd has a secret admirer.

-

the puppy boy finished up his work and then puts his stuffs away, then headed to the cafeteria. "seung!" his friends called out and seungmin smiled as he saw them sitting at a table. he got his lunch and joined them, "never shout like that again, it's embarrassing"

"what's embarrassing about it?"

"yeah, shouting or calling someone in public shouldn't be embarrassing" the sunshine twins chattered on. say a word and they can elaborate for fucking hours. well, not on the same topic but they keep going into other topics that relate, but at the end the topic is always very different.

"-and she asked me out! can you believe it?"

"i'd be embarrassed if i was her, doesn't she know you're gay?"

seungmin sipped on his juice as he listened to their conversation with furrowed brows, processing how the topic went from speaking loudly in public to being gay.

"just thinking about it and.. why didn't i say yes?" jisung sighed and felix scoffed "be for real, why would you say yes?" "i'm gonna be single for valentine's day!"

"oh wait! we said we'd ask them out!"

"ask who out?" seungmin raised a brow "changbin hyung and minho hyung" felix smiled. "oh?"

"they're both single, and hyunjin gave us their numbers earlier! we should ask them by tonight since it's tomorrow."

"who's hyunjin?" the puppy boy asked and the twins' jaws dropped, "you don't know hyunjin? the hwang hyunjin?"

"no?"

"wanna get to know him?"

"why would i..?"

"you literally asked who's hyunjin"

"that's because you mentioned his name and i figured you two have other friends besides me"

"seungmin, no never!" felix shook his head. "hyunjin is also in our year but he's in another class, he's friends with changbin hyung and minho hyung. he's super popular too! when all of them were in high school, they called them the dream team! but that was before minho hyung left for college.. but that's not important now, we made a deal, and so he gave us their numbers."

"and what did you do for him? if it's a deal?"

this was the first time the twins didn't continue talking. "we haven't yet. we promised we'll do something."

"what do you plan on doing?"

"we haven't thought of it"

seungmin facepalmed and just quietly continued eating.

little did he know, his best friends already did something for the boy named hyunjin.

-

seungmin entered the school building with two small paper bags in his hand, inside them were roses and treats. felix and jisung came running to him.

"guys, here's your-"

"not important! come check your locker!"

the twins dragged him down the hallways and to the locker room. once they reached seungmin's locker, they rummaged through his pocket and as soon as they found the key, they gave it to seungmin "open it!"

"no, not yet, don't you want your gifts?" the puppy boy asked, looking a bit angry. the twins' eyes sparkled "you got us gifts? seungmin!" they hugged him tightly, suffocating him, almost.

"yeah, yeah. happy valentine's day, gosh.." the youngest rolled his eyes and pushed them off him. "here you go." "thank you! now open your locker" felix said, jumping a bit.

the tallest of the three then turned to his locker, and inserted the key into the keyhole, turned it and swung the door open.

it was something he definitely did not expect. he thought it was gonna be some kind of prank the twins were trying to play, but no. he knew his friends were too broke to do this.

inside his locker was a pochacco bouquet, another bouquet of white roses, a day6 album, a box of chocolates and other sweets and a handwritten letter, not just any letter, it was poetry.

he did nothing but stare at his locker wide-eyed.

"ji, lix, this isn't a prank, right?" he asked, still not looking away. "it's not." he heard an unfamiliar voice speak. he looked beside him and his friends weren't there anymore. he turned around to see a pink haired guy, a bit taller than him, with overall a pretty face and a nice build.

"who are you?"

the pink haired boy laughed a bit at the puppy boy's bluntness.

"hwang hyunjin. 4th year, class 2"

that name.

so they were indeed hanging out with him.

"why.. why me, though?" seungmin asked, looking away as the taller walked nearer.

"because i like you, seungmin. so, will you be my valentine?"

hyunjin leaned towards seungmin, the door of his locker blocking the younger to run his his left, hyunjin's arm blocking his right.

the puppy boy avoided eye contact for as long as he could.

it would be a pity if i say no. to be honest he looks nice, but is he nice? gosh, he smells nice too.. i would love to be his valentine. but no, i can't say yes, what would my parents say? but if i say no, i'd actually feel bad.. all these gifts look so expensive and time consuming. it'd be a waste if i say no. so should i-

"seungmin, answer me"

"no"

"what?"

"what.."

the older looked hurt, and seungmin felt a bit guilty. "i would.. i would like to be your valentine but this is way too sudden. i don't know how my parents would react, i don't think they'd approve of it, but i'd feel bad to say no, all your money and time's gonna go to waste, but i don't want any commitment yet, i don't think i'm ready-"

"accept the gifts" hyunjin smiled sweetly, cutting the younger off by putting a finger on his lips as he could see the puppy boy was panicking and trying to express how he felt. "i'll give you time. it's okay. but please, accept the gifts" he pulled away.

"but.. can we get lunch together later though? just the two of us?"

"y-yes, that'll be nice"

"perfect. see you at lunch"

-