Chapter 1: A promise made

"then let me summarize what you explained." said Anis incredulously as she finished hearing my explanation of what a servant was, it had been an  half an hour since Rapi had guided us to the shopping area of this abandoned city, when we reached  shopping area we looked for a more appropriate place to discuss quietly or better to question me properly, In the end I find a restaurant completely ruined, but it is in excellent condition if you have to compare the other unsafe buildings, we decided to use it for a short camp to rest and to explain the momentary situation.

When Anis entered she had gone towards the counter of the restaurant, since the stools were now unusable, she sat on the counter crossing her legs and arching her back forward, resting her elbow in her thighs using her arm as a support for her head, Rapi instead had positioned herself next to the entrance, resting her back on the wall and crossing her arms under her chest, probably the Nikke dressed in red and black had positioned itself there to check if any Raptures were coming and then intercept it or even to prevent me from escaping or for both reasons, Marian and Steve instead grabbed two metal chairs with a rusty but resistant look, I instead was in the middle of the room with everyone's eyes pointing at me, So I started talking, even if I had to admit that the theoretical field of magic was not my forte, and explaining how a servant works was a bit complicated, I'm more of a guy who associates more whith the practical side of studying magiccraft.

I have tried to explain as concisely as possible all the possible arguments of what a servant was, even if I have hidden certain information for various reasons. But unfortunately the explanation I made only worsened their confusion of those present, even if Rapi stretched me out staring at me very carefully as if he were studying me from top to bottom and weighed my words and my behavior, the others instead gave me confused looks or incredulous looks "so, you said that a servant is a being that can be defined as a familiar of a magus." Anis repeats as I looked at the his face confused and incredulous.

Unfortunately, I was forced to discuss the existence of magic as well, in order to explain the nature of a servant it was necessary to know the existence of magic, although the existence of the moonlit world had to remain a secret.

Even if my memories are confused, the secret of magic that was set up to try to slow down the degradation of magic is a piece of information that I will never forget, it is one of the fundamental rules who is in the moonlit world, it is those who put this secret at risk, will have the executors of the magical organization on their heels, But I had to take this risk from the moment they discovered me and above all the presence of the ether in the environment is anomalous.

I didn't know how to describe it, but aether in the air and has nomal levels for the modern era, but I felt something outwardly strange, something impure circulating in the aether that for some reason puzzled me, besides, I didn't know what had happened to magical organizations in this apocalyptic future.

"Then you said that the servants are divided into seven classes Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Assassin and Berserker, in addition to this to summon one of them you need a magical ritual that allows you to form a body of ether that is supported by the summoner or a source of magical energy, moreover a fragment of the heroic spirit that is in a throne of something is also summoned?!" continued Anis summed up while his tone He became more and more sarcastic about the nonsense I told, which I could understand a little his disbelief, something that could only be defined as a human fantasy now gets smacked in your face saying it's real.

"It's called Throne of Heroes, Anis."I corrected her, as a sigh came out of my mouth I looked at the blonde with a tired look "plus the body of a Servant can be made of either ether or flesh, but the latter happens when we find a compatible vessel, thus forming a demi-servant." I explained with total simplicity as I watched Anis reach his limit.