The Assassination

Freminet stared down at the body in front of him as it laid limp on the floor, blood slowly consuming the once push green grass underneath it like a slow and agonising infection. He slowly removed his diving helmet as his eyes never moved from the body in front of him, there was no screaming, shouting...not even a muffled tone of voice. Just him, and his handiwork.

Freminet sighed to himself as he picked up his greatsword and slowly dragged it along the grass and to a nearby riverbank. Doing what father instructed him to do: he dipped the claymore into the water and carefully cleaned it of all the blood, taking extra care to not cut himself in the process. Luckily, he didn't and the sword was cleaned in a matter of minutes.

Father had previously given him permission to leave the body where it was and to not worry about the law enforcement. Saying that "she'll handle everything", whatever that was supposed to mean. He held the claymore close to his chest as he stood up from the grass and turned back to take a look at the dishevelled body of a man that he had murdered in cold blood.

He couldn't help but feel pity for him...or himself for that matter, the guilt he felt was undeniable. Murdering someone for reasons even he didn't know, something about that made his heart shatter a little inside his chest. He stared at the man for a few more minutes before finally turning around and heading back to the House of the Hearth...his source of comfort.

As he walked, all that consumed his head was the person he murdered a few minutes ago. His pleas and agonising screams haunted his brain, the way he tried desperately to beg for his life, but to no avail. The way he didn't feel much as he hit him over the head with his claymore, cracking his skull open instantly, killing him immediately.

Every so often, he'd turn around, having a feeling that someone. Or something. Was watching his every move...from the murder itself to him destroying the evidence that was required to be destroyed to him finally walking away like nothing had happened. Was it father? Another member of the Fatui? ...Lyney or Lynette? The thought of the twins secretly watching him murder someone...it just made the guilt inside him eat at his soul even more.

Freminet paused as he passed a small group of flowers, nearby the sea. Two flowers on the grass and one on the sand, seemingly washed up. He walked over to the flowers and picked them from the grass: a singular Rainbow Rose next to a singular Lumidouce Bell...and finally, a tiny Romaritime flower laying on the sand. He stared at the flowers as he picked them, for reasons he didn't know himself, just something inside him repeatedly telling him to pick them up.

He continued his walk back to the orphanage, back to the hotel, flowers in his hand as he struggled to carry his claymore. Having a vision would help nicely in these moments, but unfortunately, he wasn't as lucky as the twins with getting one. For now, he had to solely rely on the damage of his claymore for these assassinations, as much as he didn't want to do them...father required him to carry them out, for 'training'.

He finally reached the hotel and pushed open the door, meeting the eyes of father as she sat down opposite him. Seemingly waiting for his arrival, as soon as she saw him she stood up and walked over to him, "I've done it father...", Freminet forced himself to say, like that sentence was encoded into him long ago. Father just smiled at him, not making any comments about the assassination, "well done Freminet, you may go", she said as she patted his head gently.

Freminet nodded as he dragged his claymore to his room for the night, he opened the door carefully and placed the weapon beside the door as he stepped inside the room. The room was cold, freezing even, like he stepped out into the snow without a coat on. He shivered as his hand desperately searched for the light switch as the room was pitch black as well, as soon as his hand found the light, he flicked it on and met the eyes of a pair of twins.

Lyney and Lynette stared at Freminet in silence, something was behind their eyes...a message that they wanted to say. Lyney looked solemn whilst Lynette looked seemingly expectant, "Freminet...", Lynette started after a few minutes of silence between the three. Freminet stared at her, worry filled his mind and all kinds of thoughts came rushing into his head as he awaited what Lynette was going to say...

Lynette sighed to herself, clearly what she was going to say wasn't going to be pleasant to hear. Her ears flicked a little as she thought about what she was going to say to him and how she was going to put it into words. Each second felt like torture for the trio as they stared at each other in silence, Lyney refusing to say a word, letting Lynette communicate what they both wanted to communicate.

Finally, she did: "Why were you spotted walking through Possion?"

Freminet said nothing, but he felt himself slowly drop the flowers that resided in both his hands. They both now knew.