Darius (III) one shot

Darius watched from across the field as his dearest friend, Karina, stood off to the side, her usually radiant smile replaced by a troubled frown. As the last echoes of the physical education class faded away, he approached her, concern etched into his features.

"Karina, what's wrong?" Darius asked gently, his voice barely above a whisper as he reached out to touch her shoulder.

Startled, Karina turned to face him, her eyes carrying a weight he hadn't seen before. "Oh, Darius," she sighed, her voice heavy with unease. "It's just... everything. Life feels like it's spinning out of control lately."

Darius nodded, understanding flooding his expression. He had known Karina long enough to recognize the subtle signs of her distress. Without another word, he gestured toward the door, silently inviting her to seek solace away from the bustling gymnasium.

Together, they made their way down the familiar corridors of their school, the sounds of laughter and chatter fading behind them as they reached the quieter part of the building. Darius led Karina to a small, unassuming door marked with the name "Andrei" in faded letters – Andrei being their trusted counselor and confidant.

"Let's go into Andrei's office," Darius suggested, his tone gentle yet reassuring. "It'll give us some peace and quiet to talk."

Karina offered him a weak smile, gratitude shining in her eyes as they pushed open the door and stepped into Andrei's office, seeking refuge from the storm of emotions swirling within them.

Darius observed the familiar signs of distress in Karina's demeanor as they walked together, her shoulders hunched and her gaze fixed on the floor. Sensing her reticence to open up, he treaded softly, knowing that Karina could be shy and guarded when it came to expressing her feelings.

"Karina, you know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Darius spoke softly, his voice infused with warmth and reassurance.

Karina nodded, but her gaze remained averted, her words caught in the knot of her throat. She wanted to confide in Darius, to share the burdens weighing heavily on her heart, but the words seemed to elude her, trapped in the maze of her thoughts.

With a gentle sigh, Darius moved closer, his presence a comforting anchor in the midst of her turmoil. As he reached out to place a reassuring hand on her thigh, a subtle warmth spread through her cheeks, betraying the blush that tinged her skin.

Darius noticed the faint blush that colored Karina's cheeks, a tender smile gracing his lips as he recognized the vulnerability she harbored. In that moment, he realized the depth of his affection for her, a longing to protect and cherish her in her moments of fragility.

"Karina," he murmured softly, his voice a soothing melody that washed over her, "you're stronger than you know. You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders alone."

Karina met his gaze, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears, as the walls around her heart began to crumble. In the safety of Darius's embrace, she found the courage to let go, to release the fears and doubts that had held her captive for so long. And in that shared moment of vulnerability, their bond grew stronger, a beacon of hope amidst the shadows of uncertainty.

When turning to face him again, his face was portraying a different emotion. This is where the games began.

"Have a seat over there," he gestured to the large cushioned armchair, the leather looking menacingly sleek. Karina wondered if the marks of her fingernails digging into the material could still be detected now. It had been just a couple days, after all.

She did as he asked, and crossed her ankles with her spine straight and upright. Darius glanced at her with a hint of approval. It made her stomach flutter.