𝟭𝟭 | 𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗞𝗬 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘

❛ If it ever comes to it, I want either you or Woojin to take the hit. ❜

After they finish recording their messages to their parents or whoever they wanted to address, Seungyeon, and consequently Suhyeok, eventually go back to sit by the window

After they finish recording their messages to their parents or whoever they wanted to address, Seungyeon, and consequently Suhyeok, eventually go back to sit by the window. Seungyeon starting to get more annoyed than sad about Jimin's constant side eyes. Suhyeok starting to get annoyed at Woojin's glances at Seungyeon.

Seungyeon glances down at their tied wrists before speaking softly, her voice raspy "Why... Why are you doing this?"

"Because, the others are nervous and scared."

"Well, aren't you?" Suhyeok hums shaking his head softly "Why not?"

"I told you, I believe you won't turn." 

"Still-"

Suhyeok interrupts her "You just probably saved us from dehydration and possible hunger."

"I didn't do anything, the stupid voice in my head-"

"You could've chosen not to say anything." He argues calmly, shrugging when she gives him a confused look

"Why wouldn't I say anything?"

"Because we spent years outcasting you, we spent years judging you." He answers calmly "Because, if it weren't for me, even Cheongsan would've thrown you out of here."

The last part hurts the most because she knew he was right, Cheongsan had looked almost relieved when she said she'd leave. Her heart squeezing lightly in her chest at the thought, Seungyeon sighing softly.

"Still..."

"Seungyeon... I'm sorry." He whispers softly, hesitating before he grabs her hand gently, giving it a comforting squeeze "For being mean to you previously."

"If..." Seungyeon gulps nervously before taking a deep breath "If it ever comes to it, I want either you or Woojin to take the hit. I know it's a strange request, but..."

"It won't come to it." He says firmly

"Suhyeok, listen to me." She says back just as firmly "If it comes to it, I want it to be either you or Woojin. And, if neither of you can do it, I want Cheongsan to do it."

"I heard you, but it won't come to it."

Seungyeon sighs softly before speaking in a soft tone "Suhyeok, I just need you to promise me that. Please..."

"Fine, if it comes to it, which it won't, I'll do it." Suhyeok says reluctantly 

"Thank you." Seungyeon whispers softly, hesitating before leaning her head on his shoulder, watching the outside

Suhyeok smiles softly, scotting closer to make sure she's comfortable, his thumb caressing the back of her hand softly. Both peacefully unaware of Woojin as he glares at their position, his hands tightly held in two fists.