Chapter 1: "Still Alive"

I lay on the ground, my life slipping away. Feeling my head with my hand, there's a hole in it. Not the best sensation to feel on your finger tips, a bit of anxiety makes my heart pump faster as a numbness takes over. I must have lost a lot of blood, because the pain was gone. Next a flash of memories, my mother playing with me outside, my sister drawing a picture of me, and finally, me falling for Daniela. For a split second I felt death, a deep nothing, darkness and quietness. I then respawned.

Just like being jolted from sleep I was woken up by the reality glitching that kept me from completely dying. My guess is that when the D.T.T.D exploded, its energy must have broken physics. Laying naked on the ground I was no longer a robot anymore.

Feeling my face, tears fell from my eyes "I'm human again!"

What the Electroids had done to me was undone. This was both a good thing and a bad one. Being human means I am now vulnerable to diseases like rabies, and black lump. Also I now relied on food and water even more than before. One can of soda won't power me for a day, I need more to stay alive now.

Walking around blind I felt walls and looked for a switch. I felt a crunch as I walked along the wall, it must have been a roach between my toes. Letting out a whimper my hand pulled the roach out from between my toes. I could feel its wings flapping as I held it from its antennas. Finally I felt a switch. Flicking it, I saw an unexpected sight. Robots charged against the walls and humans slept in sleeping bags on the floor. One of the women woke up from me switching the lights on and began screaming at the sight of me. I had forgotten I wasn't wearing clothes. Quickly I took one of their blankets and wrapped it around myself like a towel. After everyone was awake they kicked me out of the building.

Well, it's not my fault I can't control my powers, which I didn't know I had. Looking up, there was a cave ceiling. I was underground. The streets were a mess, covered in bullet shells and trash. Walking around I found a trash bin with some old clothes and put them on. It was more of a body suit, just my style. I had to stop wearing fitted clothes after I became a robot so this was a refreshing change. I also found a bat, which judging by the eerie environment I decided to keep it. Maybe I could find some way to upgrade it later. As I was digging through the trash I heard wet footsteps from behind me. Turning around there it stood, one of the lump monsters. It doesn't have eyes so how did it know where I was? As it walked closer it left a trail of black slime behind it, its body dripped with the horrible smelling substance.

Running away I went back to the house I was kicked out of. The monster followed from behind, running and flinging its infectious goo everywhere it went. Opening its mouth it revealed rows of teeth like that of a bear trap, yellow in appearance. Without letting up I banged on the door with my hands as A tongue reached out of it. When it realized I was trying to escape, it ran on all fours like an ape. Just as I was about to hit it with my bat, the door opened letting me in.

It was a family of four. They stood scared, their kids hiding behind their parents. The rest of the refugees stood at the door nailing boards to the door as the infected rammed into it repeatedly. The father asked me: "how did you break into the house? What were you trying to do to us?" I explained that I didn't break in, but that I teleported. They believed me and handed me a makeshift cologne bottle they had turned to a small flamethrower. Everyone in the family had one... just in case the infected man got in.

In disbelief I told the father alone: "you know this won't work right?"

He replied: "we have to try, but if we don't make it, you have to take my kids. The robot city has come to help fight off the infection, they have some safe zones they've established in the eastern underworld. You have to take them there!"

Looking at the kids I didn't know what to say, I wasn't their parents. The infected then broke through a window and slipped through it like an octopus out of a small jar. Yelling and screaming filled the house as they would light their short range flamethrower in hopes of it working. One by one the whole family was infected just by touching the mass. I had hidden in a closet and stuffed the crack of the door with towels so the infection couldn't get in. When all the crashing stopped and it sounded safe, I opened the door.

Calling out I look for the children. In one of the rooms I heard a cup fall, hoping it was the kids I took a peek. There in the corner of the room were the two kids... they had been infected as evident by their sharp teeth and a coat of slime that covered their bodies. I wasn't going to fight a kid, even if they were infected. Sadly they didn't know any different. Seeing me, they both ran towards me on all fours. Quickly I got out of the house and climbed on its tin roof. I must have waited for quite some time. As one dark period had passed. When it would turn light I would look down to see if they had left yet. I was hungry and thirsty but they had not left. They just stood there looking up at me with their menacing smiles.

Going up against the walls they began using a different tactic. The entire infected family merged together to form one tall slime monster, tall enough to slug climb up the roof. I was worried about getting infected, when I woke up in my human body, I had all my scars from the war still on me. If I get infected, Chances are that I'll wake up when I die as one of the infected for the rest of my existence. Unless I'm like Daniela. Daniela seemed to get better.

Running from tin roof to tin roof, the twenty foot monster squished in between the building, shapeless it moved like water from behind. As other infected got engulfed by its rampage, they became one with the flood. I don't stand a chance... I stopped running and fell down crying against a wall as I watched the impending giant wave of doom rush to me. But unexpectedly, all the commotion and movement from the black wave of goo caused the wall I sat at to collapse, killing me.