Disappearing Act

As Arthur delves deeper into his daily ritual of writing poems for the mysterious woman who captivates his heart and mind, his longing to know her true identity grows stronger. Despite exchanging silent gestures and unspoken feelings through his heartfelt verses, the enigma of her name remains a puzzle he cannot solve.

One day, as Arthur strolls through the castle gardens, lost in contemplation and yearning for a connection beyond words, he overhears a snippet of conversation between two courtiers. In hushed tones, they mention a hidden tower where a maiden named Lluna-caient resides in seclusion, her beauty and presence a whispered legend among the castle walls.

Intrigued by the mention of this unfamiliar name that bears a striking resemblance to the ethereal figure he has immortalized in his poetry, Arthur's curiosity is piqued. Setting out on a quest to uncover the truth, he embarks on a journey to unravel the mystery of Lluna-caient and the secrets she guards within the shadows of her tower.

As Arthur's investigation leads him through forgotten corridors and hidden passageways, he finds himself standing before the door of the secluded tower, its ancient stones bearing silent witness to untold stories and hidden truths. With a breath held in anticipation, he summons the courage to knock, each echo a reminder of the fateful moment that could change everything he thought he knew.

When the door creaks open, revealing the enigmatic figure of the woman he longs to call by name, Arthur's gaze meets hers, and in that fleeting moment of recognition, a single word escapes his lips:

"Lluna-caient."

As Arthur's eyes met Lluna-caient's, a moment of unspoken recognition passed between them, sealed by the utterance of her name. The weight of their shared revelation lingered in the air, a fragile bond woven from words unspoken and emotions laid bare.

But their brief encounter was shattered by the sound of heavy footsteps echoing down the stone corridor. Guards, clad in armor and bearing torches, appeared at the threshold of the secluded tower, their expressions a mix of surprise and suspicion at the unexpected meeting.

"Stand down, intruder!" one of the guards barked, his voice commanding authority and caution. Arthur's heart raced as he realized the delicate balance of their newfound connection threatened by the intrusion of outside forces.

"I seek no harm," Arthur began, his voice steady despite the uncertainty that lingered in the tense air. "I am but a poet, drawn to the mystery that surrounds this tower, drawn by the beauty and grace that resides within."

The guards exchanged wary glances, uncertainty flickering in their eyes as they assessed the situation before them.

As the tension in the room grew palpable, Arthur's heart hammered in his chest, his mind racing with the weight of the moment. With a sense of urgency and the realization that their fragile connection was at risk, he turned to Lluna-caient with an apologetic gaze.

"I must go," Arthur whispered, his voice tinged with regret and resolve. "I cannot risk bringing harm upon you or disrupting the fragile peace in which you reside."

Without waiting for a response, he turned and made for the hidden passage at the rear of the tower, his footsteps echoing in the silence. The guards, taken aback by his sudden departure, reacted swiftly, moving to intercept him as he disappeared into the shadows.

A chase ensued through the labyrinthine corridors of the castle, Arthur's heart heavy with the weight of leaving behind the woman who had ignited a spark within his soul. Each twist and turn brought him closer to the castle's exit, a fleeting escape from the impending conflict that threatened to engulf them.

As he broke free into the cool night air, the moon casting a silvery glow over the castle grounds, Arthur's resolve hardened. With one last glance back at the towering structure that held the mystery of Lluna-caient within its walls, he set off into the darkness, his path uncertain yet driven by the echo of her name on his lips.