prom by sza

Her strapless, pastel pink dress of semi-embroidered fabric accentuated her thin waist, hugged her hips, and flared out a bit. A V-slit on the side revealed a less embroidered under fabric. Her hair was perfectly curled, her curls showing their true form and she had begun to carefully apply her makeup, she was so nervous. It was her first time getting ready for something so big in all of her teenage years, prom. She finished applying her lipstick and her emerald eyes smiled back at her from the mirror. She never felt truly Seventeen until this very moment, like a true teenager getting ready for prom. She couldn't believe it and Melody had hoped she would have a great time despite both of her parents chaperoning the dance.

Her parents.

Melody's parents divorced when she was about 10 years old, she had no idea why they had gotten divorced really because for the majority of her childhood, she always remembered how deeply in love they were. Then something that her parents both refrained from telling her what happened and they separated. She thought her mom and her dad loved each other but now for the past seven years, it was bitter jabs and annoyance between the divorced pair. Hayley and Chad had been perfect parents but now Chad had a new wife, and new kids so Melody became the forgotten child to him. Hayley on the other hand, never remarried and never had anymore kids. Her parents who were once rockstars, now lived different lives with Hayley running her hair dye company and Chad owning a Music Store.

"Look at how beautiful you are," Hayley smiled softly as she walked behind Melody who was finishing her makeup at the vanity. She smiled softly and played with her hair, placing a soft kiss on her cheek, "Mels you ready for Prom?"

Melody nodded and let out a nervous breath, nodding slowly, "I just hope that he likes me mom. I really really like him."

Hayley chuckled, "I am sure that Hudson will love you. You are absolutely gorgeous and I am sure that he's going crazy for you. You are such a beautiful young lady." Melody smiled softly and stood up, engulfing her mother in a hug. Melody loved her mom and she knew how hard she worked to make the nice things that they had in their lives possible. Melody let go of her mom before putting her heels on for the night. She was ready to dance the night away with her boyfriend, Hudson whom she had recently started dating. They had been friends since Middle School and he had finally gotten the courage to ask her out in which she said yes. Melody grabbed her clutch, readjusted her hair before her mom helped her get in the car. Hudson was going to meet Melody there because his father's friend who was the part-time Music Teacher at the school was going to chaperone.

Hayley drove to the High School and helped Melody get out, carefully helping her walk to the gym where music was blaring, kids were dancing and havoc was about to ensue. "I am sure your father probably forgot he was volunteering, c'mon let's go find Hudson!" Hayley smiled and grabbed Melody's arm. Melody smiled and began scanning the room until she found her boyfriend with whom she assumed was the Music Teacher, she was never one to take anything Music related so she was unaware of the teacher. However, Hayley did know the Music Teacher.

How could she forget him? The curly haired man hasn't aged a day and in fact he even looked better with that beard he was sporting. He looked handsome as hell, Hayley thought with those brown corduroy trousers, olive green shirt and those loafers. The epitome of a hipster and just so sexy. She couldn't get over it and she didn't expect to see him here at all. Melody smiled and finally made it over to Hudson, who was visibly stunned at Melody's beauty. He smiled nervously and breathed, "You look beautiful tonight." Melody's cheeks turned a bright pink color, "Thanks."

Hudson smiled and looked up at Hayley who was in an intense staring contest with someone he considered to be an uncle, "Uh Miss Williams..this is my Uncle Taylor he's the music teacher here."