A mythical creature

It was a rather warm afternoon. Ester was sitting on her couch, reading a book. Suddenly she was interrupted by a loud thump. 'What was that?' She put her book down and walked to the window. She could see a little blue creature was sitting on the ground beneath the window. It seemed to have wings. Maybe some rare kind of bird? Ester walked out and to her garden. When she arrived at the window, the little creature had vanished. What was still there, though, was a long blue feather. Ester picked it up. While she was looking at it she suddenly felt a light weight on her shoulder. She turned to find a blue parrot-sized creature sitting on her shoulder. Despite having wings and feathers, it wasn't copletely a bird, though. It had a reptile tail and little dragon wings. It also had sharp teeth in ist beak but still looked cute... What was that little thing?

 Ester looked at it and tried to pick it up. The little creature was apparently very tame because it literally jumped into Ester's arms. Focusing on all the being's different features she didn't notice how a guy snuck into her garden. He was wearing a black cloak and a mask. The little creature noticed him though and squeaked. Ester looked back and jumped. "Who are you?! What are you doing here-??" The stranger jumped as well. "Sorry- But uh.. You have my cockatrice-" Ester raised a brow. "A cockatrice? Like... The scary chicken thing that appears in stories?" He nodded. "She's still a chic so she doesn't look scary yet. But she will be when she grows up." 

Ester quickly gave the cockatrice to the stranger. "How did it even get in my garden-?" He held the birdy creature and petted it. "She escaped from her cage... And well... Instead of staying with her mother she decided to explore..." Ester's eyes widened. "You have a fully grown cockatrice at your place?!" 

He chuckled. "I don't have a normal house, silly! I'm the owner and ringmaster of a big circus! There I have far more than just some cockatrices! If you want you can come and watch the show? For free of course... Don't want to bother you any more after all..." She smiled. "I mean... Yea! I don't see why not! Where's the circus?" He gave her a flyer. "There's all the information you need... oh, and here!" He gave her a ticket. "As I said, for you it's for free... I hope to see you again in the menagery" Ester looked at the flyer and was about to say something but when she looked up, the misterious ringmaster was gone... She smiled softly. Well now she's really looking forward to going to that circus!

_____________________

I know this is like VERY short- But I had some spear time and a kick of motivation, so... If you want a part 2 of this, don't hesitate and ask in the comments or dm me :3

~Dragi2030