24 - Now now brother

After getting back from a mission with the Ten Commandments, it was time to celebrate like true demons would. A loud, raunchy party filled with every kind of debauchery you could ever imagine. People cheered, sang, even moaned in some instances. You could hear pitchers of ale being smashed, fires breaking out and the occasional explosion. And at the front of it all was the eldest demon prince. His menacing smirk loomed down over the crowd, a small group of women crowding him as he did. He paid none of them any mind as they caressed his hair, chest and thighs.

Amihan was bustling in the crowd of dancers, singing at the top of her lungs to some song as well as holding onto Zeldris' hands as to not lose him in all the commotion. Zeldris wasn't one typically for parties. He was a more solitary soul, but Ami had convinced him to attend with the promise of all the alcohol he could drink and all the drugs he could take. And as any demon in their right mind would, he accepted.

Amihan dressed for the occasion, enjoying being able to wear something other then her battling clothes for a change. She wore a tight black corset top which hugged her curves and was see through in places to display her toned stomach and small waist. On her bottom half was a short leather skirt and her usual combat boots. Her hair stuck to her skin as she leaked sweat, though the sensation didn't particularly bother her.

Zeldris tapped her shoulder, making her eyes snap open and fall onto the demon. He grinned as he held up the back of his hand which held a fine white powder. Amihan licked her lips before snorting the powder up her nose and tilting her head back to allow it to fall to the back of her throat. She felt utterly euphoric, like every touch was electricity coursing through her body. She placed her hands onto Zeldris' cheeks, making him pause in place. Both were extremely intoxicated, any right thought or correct judgement floating away as she dug her nails into his skin slightly. He hissed, ready to let out a snarky retort but was cut short by Amihan dragging his face to hers. She sloppily allowed his lips to fall onto her own. Now, in her sober state Ami would be cringing at herself right now. Zeldris was just her best friend, but he was there. He was there when she needed some form of release. The intoxication took over all her senses and made this feel like a good idea.

He was there. That's all it was.

His soft hands found their place on her hips, though they didn't feel completely right being there in her mind. She pushed that thought away, just enjoying having her body held in such a way.

Her eyes shot open as the touch was removed from her with force. Her lips felt tender and she raised her hand to them as she noticed a figure blocking her view of Zeldris. His shaggy, blonde hair was a give away to who he was.

"Now now brother, let's not touch things that aren't yours." His voice drawled, a smirk settled on his lips. Zeldris' eyebrows knotted together with frustration. After all, practically everyone barring Amihan knew about his feelings towards the girl. And in both his and her drunken states, he was finally getting a small slither of his feelings reciprocated. It felt stronger then any high would holding her in his hands.

"I hardly see how what Amihan and I do is any of your business." He took a step forward to his brother, having to slightly look up at him. Fury burned behind Zel's eyes, which only multiplied as his brother didn't back down.

"What's going on?" Ami moved herself to the side of the boys who were stood toe to toe. Meliodas had a calm air about him, whereas you could practically see steam emerging from Zeldris' ears.

"I have important things to discuss with Amihan. I'm sure you understand, baby brother." Meliodas put emphasis on the fact he was the older one. The connotation of his words weren't missed on anyone. He was displaying he's bigger. He's older. He's stronger. Inadvertently telling Zeldris to back down from a fight he wasn't going to win. Zeldris kept eye contact with him, before turning to Amihan. Meliodas did the same, though his features were a lot more relaxed then Zel's.

"Come on Ami, we have places to be." Meliodas winked at her and it shot an electric current through her organs. He moved forward and placed his hand on the small of her back. Her body relaxed into his calloused palms as a fleeting thought crossed her mind: his hand fit like a jigsaw piece. Like her body was crafted for his hand to fit. Zeldris scowled deeply, a scoff leaving his mouth.

"You can't be serious Amihan." He spluttered out incredulously. Her cheeks burned as they both stared at her expectantly. She also noticed how those demons around them turned to watch the commotion. Everyone was waiting to see what she would do next.

"Is it important Meliodas?" She looked up him through her lashes and felt his hand squeeze. His fingers dug into her flesh deliciously.

"It's of the utmost importance." He straightened his back and grinned down at her like a predator smiling at his next meal. Her throat dried up.

"He's basically my boss Zel. I have to listen to him." Meliodas winked at his brother, his body flooding with victory. In all honesty, he just viewed Amihan as his second in command. His brothers best friend. But a deep rooted rage he always had festering inside him bubbled to the surface seeing Zeldris hold her as he did. He didn't know why he had to stop them, but he did. And he realised as he stared down at the utterly delectable looking woman that he didn't regret it. Even if it meant Zeldris held even more resentment for him. That didn't matter. What truly mattered was how irresistible Ami was looking this evening. Yes, that's all that mattered now.

"Bye Zel." Meliodas flashed one last smirk before pulling Amihan away from him. She took one last look over her shoulder to meet Zeldris' blazing eyes. Something burned wildly in them. Betrayal, perhaps? She wasn't sure to be honest, though everyone else in the vicinity recognised the emotion immediately. Jealousy. A roaring jealousy which screamed louder then any other party goer could emit with their vocal cords. Zeldris knew this was it.

This, was the beginning to the end.