two

richie loved AP english composition.

now, if you'd asked him the day he moved to derry if he was excited to take AP english composition, he'd tell you that it was never his first pick. but over the past several days, he'd fallen in love with his english class.

richie had his reasons, and to him, they were really good.

firstly, he and beverly marsh had become the best of friends. they had only known each other for a week, and truthfully knew very little about each other- but for that week, they had spent way too much time together. bill and ben had already begun joking about how they were attached at the hip or twins that were separated at birth.

the second reason that richie loved his english class was because his teacher was perfect. at least to richie she was. she wasn't anything crazy: obviously, rules still applied and she assigned tests every two days, but she didn't overdo things. she was laid back, and funny, and richie really enjoyed spending forty-five minutes with her every day.

lastly, was eddie.

oh, how richie loved eddie. sure it was too soon. richie was fully aware, and everyone had made sure that he was; but he didn't care. he loved eddie.

maybe not in a traditional sense. he didn't know eddie enough to love him. they didn't speak, and when they did it was just eddie being mean and richie eating it up, but richie knew that he would eventually fall in love with eddie. for now, he just loved looking at eddie.

richie loved how pretty eddie was, he loved eddie's baby blue chuck taylor's, he loved the patchwork sweaters that eddie wore. he loved eddie's lip gloss, and eddie's multipack of pastel highlighters and cute pens. everything about eddie, everything he did; richie loved it.

richie had quickly come to find out that eddie was as smart as he was feisty.

and richie loved that too.

he sat in awe every day, watching as eddie's hand went up the second a question was asked. he memorized the almost silent hum that eddie made when he was thinking really hard during an assignment.

but eddie grew more and more irked by richie with each day that passed. no one else could grasp why, but to eddie, richie truly was the most arrogant and annoying person he'd ever met.

and it just got worse when eddie found a note in his locker.

thinking about you, cutie.
     -R

-

"signed R. ew." stan laughed as he read the note, handing it to mike when he was done looking at it.

the three of them were in eddie's bedroom after school, stan and mike on the floor while eddie sat at his desk, reading a powerpoint.

"stop, i think you're both evil. he seems like a nice guy." mike said, standing up to bring the note back to eddie.

"throw that shit in the garbage. it's fucking creepy." eddie's eyes didn't move from his laptop.

"it is creepy, i don't know mike. he's strange." stan agreed, watching as mike walked over to eddie's bed and sat down on the light green bedsheets.

"he's smart, he's funny, he's cute! eddie! he can keep up with you! that's more than anyone else can do. you're just mad because you've finally met your match." mike laid back onto the pillow, looking up at eddie's bedroom ceiling.

"i have not met my match. he might be smart but he is not as smart as me, and he's not that funny either."

"you think he's cute." stan laughed, looking at mike with his mouth agape. "oh my god, you do! he thinks richie is cute! oh my god!"