𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...!

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍

In which time travel has existed for far longer than they thought.

☮︎ ° ˚

1974. Houston, Texas. Fourteen year-old Karen and her mother, Lori, lived together in their basic, small-town home. It wasn't fancy or anything like in the magazines. They had off-white walls with a few pictures up, and the curtains weren't that bad, but other than that they had no decorations.

A year earlier, Karen's father died in war. Karen had always been a restless kid, but this only made it worse.

Lori didn't seem to deal with this too well, either. She would often lash out at Karen, she'd yell and scream until her voice box near collapsed. Karen, the stubborn kid that she was, would yell back, sometimes even louder. The neighbours had to file noise complaints multiple times.

Karen and Lori's relationship tore further apart as time went on. Their arguments got much worse to the point Karen had once said something along the lines of 'Dad probably died on purpose just so he could get away from you!' before running out of the house, slamming the door for dramatic effect.

Since then, Karen would do anything she could to annoy her mother. She'd play rock and roll music too loud, slam doors, miss curfews, and recently she had began to take up any job she could find just to get out of the house.

So, when Karen spotted a poster asking for volunteers to test out some new 'time travel' technology in return for money, of course she was interested!

She didn't believe in time travel, but at least if it worked, she'd be able to get away from her mother.

☮︎ ° ˚

RECOMMENDED SETTINGS

font - georgia
size - second smallest
background - black

WARNING.
violence, strong language, angst, death, parental issues, no happy ending

NOTE.
I do not own any of the Marvel characters or plotlines except for the Monroe family.

This is my second book, so if there's any grammatical or informational errors please let me know! I am open to constructive criticism.

☮︎ ° ˚