PROLOGUE

- April, 2022.

I can't do this anymore.
Why always me?

Tension gripped me, threatening to overwhelm my senses. Tears welled up in my eyes, betraying my inner turmoil.

What if I didn't show courage back there?

Negative possibilities started to appear as my body shuddered at the thought.

T W O H O U R S B A C K : :

Entering the bustling fair, excitement ran through my veins. The energy of exploring new books filled me with joy.

Time passed and I bought a few of them. Amidst the crowd, I found myself pushed from behind, stumbling forward. Strong arms caught me, preventing a fall.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry."
Apologies escaped my lips as I realized the stranger's grip on me. His smirk sent a shiver down my spine, and I struggled to free myself.

"Why let go when I can hold on?" His words echoed with a hint of mischief, sending a wave of unease through me.

No no no. Kanha Ji, save me.

I somehow pushed him but it was some other people who encircled me.
Surrounded by his companions, I felt trapped. With a swift motion, I broke free and retreated, their taunts ringing in my ears.

I ran and ran until my legs started to hurt. And now they weren't behind. I heaved a sigh out of relief.

* * * * *

My heart was beating fast as I quickly started making my way back. Walking home in the dark, anxiety gnawed at me. Should I call Yash bhaiya? My fingers hovered over my phone, uncertainty clouding my thoughts.

(A/N: The sender will indicate the right side for further texts in the story, while the responder will handle the left side.)

Yash Bhaiya.

Bhaiya, are you done with work?

═══════════════

Veering off the main road, I found myself drawn to the nearby woods. Each step brought a sense of relief, a distraction from the chaos of the outside world.

As I walked deeper into the forest, a sense of calm enveloped me. The moonlit pond shone before me.

The pond reflected the beautiful sky, offering the view.

The surroundings were quiet, with only the faint sound of my anklets accompanying each step I took. I adore jewelry alot, and today I'm wearing a pair of anklets gifted to me by my mother. Along with them, I wore a sleeveless baby pink kurti paired with wide jeans and sneakers. My hair was tied up in a messy bun, and I had silver earrings.