Chapter 1: Closed walls, Caved ceilings and Drowning thoughts

Street lights illuminate the once busy road that now sleeps. The surrounding buildings that often light up like stars from afar have mostly faded. Behind the sheer curtain of one of the windows, Roxanna sits by her desk as the fierce sound of rain beats down her window.

Much rather the rain, was her typing away at her keys re-editing her section of an article for the magazine. It would be one thing if it was an artist being nit picky causing a headache. It's another when her frustrations are credited to her boss making her revise it. Having lost count how many times she's been over the manuscript.

Eyes straight from hours of staring at the screen. Rendering the use of her glasses pointless. Closing her eyes she rotates her neck that had gone stiff. Having thrown away the thought that her back might ache afterwards. Having relaxed her posture after so long. Roxanna is quite sure that after her boss had been appointed three months ago he had it out for her. Putting her work through a microscope, trying to find any possible mistakes. When he can't would pile her with endless amounts of projects whenever he pleases.

Roxanna had always joked that she'd been somewhat of a workaholic before. Even a few people around her asking if she ever takes breaks. Yet ever since he'd come around she'd unwilling become more of one. Not even being able to remember the last time she'd actually had a day off used as a day off. Irking at the thought of even looking back at it once it's published, she believes she's seen enough of it to recite it in her sleep.

Resting back in her chair feeling the pressure caused by her bad posture beginning to take effect. Jolting a bit from the shock running through her spine. She tries relaxing to ease the tension, taking off her glasses to pinch the area between her eyes. Feeling so dry and irritated she's surprised they have no cracks in them. Reaching over for her eye droppers soothing them like rain during a long desolate drought. 

Closing her eyes for a moment letting the medicine take effect. Thinking if there would ever be a possibility for her to ever have a day just to herself again. No endless work commitments and No having to sit In Front of a screen for hours on end. Just her and whatever she decides to do with that day. Opening her eyes again her vision begins to focus. Showing her the darkened blanket of sky peeking through the slit of her curtain.

Unsurprised with how late it had gotten seeing as she'd been sitting there for so long. Catching a glimpse of the time as she trailed her eyes to the computer. Finding that it was 11:25 pm, having to get up early again at 7:30 to get ready and reach work by 9:00. Swiveling out of her chair she heads out the room to get ready for bed. Walking past the eggshell walls covered in hanging plants. She makes her way to the bathroom.

The water washes down from the top of her. Hearing the crowd of thoughts rushing in like a river with a strong current. "Why don't you quit, it's clear that there's nothing there for you." Using the water to drown out her thoughts like rain on an ants nest. Who was it to tell her that there's nothing there for her. It gives her the chance to visit many galleries and museums that she wouldn't have dreamed was possible.

Also getting to learn so much from the artists' behind the scenes. As well as get to take a look at different cultures and ideologies. With giving her the chance to share those wonderful discoveries with the public. All of this brought her to fall in love with what she does even more. Especially having to share her own thoughts about everything she's seen and heard.

Yet her thoughts were relentlessly determined to break that feeling from her. "You're really idealistic, you know that? Is it really worth the stress over some unappreciated articles?" Roxanna is not sure when it started but her thoughts had been very critical. She would even dare to say, more critical than her boss. She shuts off the water knowing that despite the criticism she gets from her boss. She is more than sure that people actually love her articles.