Speak Now

As you stood in front of the chapel, the warm lights casting over pale white decorations, your hands trembled. You tried to steady your breathing and ignore your heart pounding against your chest. Were you really about to barge in on a white veil occasion? It seems that, clearly, Taylor has already made a decision. She's already chosen someone. It just isn't you.

Yet you couldn't stop yourself. Deep in your bones, you know she's the love of your life. It felt like nothing could come between that, ever. So even while you were practically shaking in fear, something kept your veins coursing with thrill. You've spent all day texting and FaceTiming your best friend. He did call you a dumbass several times after hearing your idea, and you couldn't fully disagree.

You silently made your way into the chapel and made sure to keep your head low. There were two empty pews towards the back of the room that you quickly—and unsuspiciously—slid into. Not that anything you did right now would be noticeable, considering that there were over one hundred people around.

At least seventy of those people had to be Taylor's oh-so lovely bride-to-be's snotty family. They dressed in pastel from head to toe and were obviously related to each other, judging by their red hair and freckled skin. And somewhere in the back, you could hear the faint echoes of the bride yelling at one of her bridesmaids.

All fell silent as the preacher stepped up. He smiled at the crowd then brought the microphone level to his mouth. A brief screech of feedback echoed through the room before his voice came through clear.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he looked over the rows of people, "today we come to celebrate a very special day. Rose and Taylor, soon to be Mrs and Mrs Swift, have shared an incredible love story..."

It felt unreal, watching Taylor about to marry another woman. Your thoughts drowned out the enthusiastic voice, because your own mind was simply louder. The lights scattered across the chapel, as well as the gold of the sun through the window, became a blur in your vision. Everything warm was washed over by a cold that made you shiver, an unfortunate feeling of...jealousy. Which was to be expected, but not this strongly. So you clenched your jaw harder, and somehow made your fist into an even tighter ball than before. The speech put a sour taste in your mouth. It just didn't seem right, and that's the entire reason you're here. Make it right, you reminded yourself.

You heard near silent ringing coming from your purse. Upon grabbing your phone, you felt a series of vibrations. The screen flashed a blinding white in your hand with every notification.

Jay: girl what's happening
Jay: answerrr meeee
Jay: come backk

You: the officiants giving a speech
You: won't be long b4 taylor comes out

Jay: OH MY GOD ur fr doing this

You: no shit sherlock

On cue, Taylor entered from a previously unseen door on the side of the chapel. She was dressed in a lace white dress which flared at the ends, and the beautiful silver accents stretched into intricate designs. Her smile radiated an exciting energy. But you noticed the slight faltering of her joyful expression. She curved her lips back into that same smile just as quickly as it fell.

The preacher smiled as Taylor stepped up to the altar, the rhythmic clicking of her heels above the awaiting silence in the room. Taylor glanced down nervously, or whatever mix of emotions she was feeling. Everyone turned their attention to the doors which her bride entered through.

Rose strode down the aisle, her arm hooked with her father's, and wearing a gown shaped like a pastry. She had her ginger hair pulled into some kind of braided updo, her dress wide enough that her dad could barely find room to step. You tried not to admit it but she was genuinely beautiful. Now it's just who Taylor decides—God, you hoped she chooses you.