1

Lizzie's Story

Elizabeth Amoura Rodriguez Sinclair aka Lizzie 19 year old born Mexican one of the youngest drivers on the formula one grid debuting at the age of 16, 2 ½ months before her 17th birthday. Lizzie was born in Guadalajara, Mexico, on May 25 2004, to two loving parents, she is an only child. She lived in Mexico till she was 7, her parents had decided to immigrate to the states, her dad was doing really well with his business that they decided to move to New York, more importantly the upper east side. Her father Enzo had decided to become partners with Theo Van Doren. Her mother Cecily but everyone just called her Cece had a very successful hair salon that she had decided to open just down the road from their townhouse that they lived in. Theo was able to get Lizzie into the same private school as his daughter Eldora which Enzo and Cece were very thankful for. The Van Doren's had welcomed the Rodriguez's with open arms and an open house for them to stay in while they were able to get on their feet and buy a house and settle in the city. Right around this time Lizzie had started to race karts back in Mexico and she was very excited to start racing competitively but she had to wait till she was 8 and right now she was 7 which meant that she had to wait one more year till she could race but with this up rooting had messed up her plans and she was very angry at her parents for this. She actually had thought about running away back to Mexico so she could race but Theo Van Doren had learned about this and had given her a very big ultimatum..

*The night of the runaway*

Ellie was standing at the end of the bed pleading for me to stop and to just think,She looked at me with her big teary green eyes and pleaded "Amoura please just listen to me and stay. In the morning we can talk to my Daddy. Please don't go." Ellie was the only person who called my Amoura even to this day. I had looked at her and now with tears in my dark hazel eyes ,because for some reason any time she had cried I would automatically cry as well, i stared straight into her eyes and gave her one last hug and said " Mae, I promise I'll come back, when I'm a race car driver and you'll be a top model. Okay, quedemos otra vez." She looked at me and said with a whisper only I could hear. "Te amaré por siempre." she kissed my hand ,I then looked up at her, we both had tears streaming down our cheeks, I whispered to her " ti amero per sempre." We both hugged each other like it was going to be the last hug we would share.I then turned and walked out the room to the door and took off down the street to the bus stop.By now it was pouring rain and I was so scared because I really didn't want to leave my Mom or Dad. Right when I was about to close my eyes and fall asleep I was shaken awake to a big hand on my shoulder and I heard that familiar voice. He tells me to wake up with a grunt and sits down next to me on the bus bench. He takes a deep breath and says " You can run away now or you can stay and drive karts this summer and next year I can get you into racing? Which do you choose?" stated Mr. Van Doren It was pouring outside and I was soaked in my McQueen pajamas, wet socks and shoes. I slowly looked up, tears streaming down my face and in a whisper I said " I want to stay." Mr.Van Doren chuckled and grabbed my bags in one hand and my hand in the other and guided me home from the bus stop " Were you really planning on leaving home. Did you actually think you were going to make it all the way?" he saidI shook my little head knowing I was a crying mess by now and had started to breath heavily. He stopped, gave me a big smile and said one thing I would never forget, " I believe that you are going to grow and become a world champion because knowing what you did tonight, I know you are brave and have guts and that's a lot for anyone to have, even a grown man can't simple do it all." When we got back to the house Ellie was crying and so were my parents. I ran my little body to my parents and they gave me the biggest hug in the world and they said one thing to me."We're just happy you're safe."After hugging my parents i let go of them and turn to my right to look at El, she had tears streaming like a waterfall and snot coming out her nose her cheeks were as red as cherries, i couldn't say i looked much better my whole face was red, my nose running and with one look we both knew what we were thinking, we both lunged towards each other and hugged each other with whatever strength both our little bodies could muster up.