FIRST YEAR: THE TRAIN

Lily glared at the wall as if daring it to test her. Her brother James had already gone through it, and her other brother Albus was about to run for it.

It was her first year, and she couldn't tell if she was nervous or excited. She was not worried about making friends, that's for sure. Lily had a way with people that stood out from the other cousins her age. Lucy was aggressive and tended to scare people away with her angry aura. Hugo was very kind and social but also awkward, and many people were easily annoyed by him, including Lily. And Louis was the sweetest boy you would ever meet, but he was a massive pushover and freaked out about the simplest things. Out of that group of people, Lily was the one who had the most hope to make new friends, and hopefully, she would be able to help them.

"Lily, it's your turn," Her mother whispered. She hadn't noticed that Albus had long gone through the platform. She took a deep breath and ran to the wall. It disappeared behind her. She found her way onto the platform.

"Lily! Get over here!" Lily turned to see her cousin Lucy running at her.

"Lucy!" Lily screamed, running until the two girls crashed into each other.

"Let's get seats on the train before these little jerks fill up all the compartments," Lucy said.

"Ok," Replied Lily. They started walking to the train and looked for a compartment.

"Yeah! Completely empty!" Lily yelled. They went into the compartment and texted their friends (who were their cousins). Soon enough, Hugo and Louis sat down, and their group was complete (so far).

"Ok, so what houses do you guys want?" Lily asked. Their family was starting to overcome their opinions about the houses in Gryffindor because of all the cousins who got into different houses.

"I don't really know. I would be happy with anything," Louis said.

"We all know you'll be in Hufflepuff," Lucy said, rolling her eyes.

"I want Ravenclaw, but Rose says I can't get in," Hugo said.

"You're smart enough, but I don't think you fit the vibe," Lily chimed in.

"I want Gryffindor," Lucy said.

"You'll definitely get that," Louis replied. The cousins continued talking about everything before the compartment door opened. Two young boys stood in the doorway. They looked very similar, maybe not enough to be identical, but enough to be confused.

"Hi! I'm Lysander!" Said the slightly taller one in the front. "That's Lorcan, my brother."
Lily resisted the urge to comment on how obvious it was that they were brothers but decided to keep her mouth shut. Her mother had spoken to her multiple times about 'being kind to people', and she thought she would listen this time.

"Hello!" Louis smiled. His smiles always seemed to reach far beyond the edges of his face. Lily was a little jealous of how kind and happy he was.

"Why do you guys talk weird?" Lucy asked. Lily realized that Lysander spoke differently than anyone she had ever met before.

"Oh. We grew up in New York, but our mom went to Hogwarts and wanted us to go too." Lysander said.

"Can he talk?" Lucy asked, pointing at Lorcan.

"Yeah. But I don't want to." Said Lorcan. He had a tone of anger in his voice, and it was a sharp contrast to Lysander's extreme energy. They might have looked similar, but it was getting clear that they were completely different.

"Well, anyway, I'm Lily,"

"Like Lily Potter?" Lysander asked, wide-eyed.

"Yeah. That's me," Lily was used to this. She was really famous.

"My mom said to look for you!" He said.

"Your mom said to what now?" Lily asked. This was abnormal.

"My mom was a friend of your parents. She's Luna Lovegood!"

"Wait, really?!" Lily yelled. "I was hoping I would get to meet you! I think your mom's my godmother. I can't believe we haven't met before."

"This is crazy," Lysander said.

"Yes, it is! You're ignoring the rest of us!" Lucy yelled.

"Right, that mean one is Lucy, that's Louis, and that's Hugo," Lily said.

"Nice to meet you," Lysander smiled. Then they talked and laughed for the rest of the train ride.

A/N: This is an abomination. Please dont judge my writing on this i want to get through the first few chapters really quick so I can get to the good stuff. Ily for reading ❤️