Why Did You Do That?!

Synopsis: Kairi had just wanted to deal with a bothersome ganglar that he found while wandering around town and now everything he stood for was on the line

---------

It wasn't entirely that unusual to stumble upon a ganglar just out in the wild. That did happen a few times. It was a little annoying to suddenly have to deal with it, but nothing that couldn't be handled. At least, that was how it normally went.

Kairi had been walking around the town, avoiding having to do any work at their daytime job once more. Finding the ganglar at least gave him a good defense now. However, when he tried to contact Tooma and Umika to alert them of the ganglar, he found that there was no signal in this area. He couldn't reach them.

Oh well. He couldn't just sit back and let this ganglar go. It was terrorizing people. Worse things would happen if he left to go get signal than if he stayed and fought now.

That was how Kairi found himself in his current situation. He had transformed and gotten the ganglar's attention. The two were locked in combat. Kairi was struggling to get the ganglar to stay still long enough to open its safe. Every time he thought he had it, the ganglar moved away before he could open it.

And then someone who he really hadnt wanted to join showed up. Kairi really wasn't sure why a certain red Patranger had been in the area, but he had been and was now also after the ganglar, and also him. Fighting two enemies was not making this any easier.

"Always butting into things that don't involve you, don't you, mr. policeman?" Kairi said. He was annoyed at all of this.

"It's my job to deal with the ganglars. And it's my job to take you down, Lupinranger." Keiichiro shot back, taking a swing at Kairi.

Kairi dodged and retaliated. He knocked Keiichiro back and then went to attack the ganglar again. He had been so close to getting its lupin collection piece. If Keiichiro would just sit still for a second then he could do that. But, that was asking far too much of that man. Keiichiro was not going to sit back.

Kairi barely got to swing his sword at the ganglar when Keiichiro was already back to attack him. The two continued to clash as they also tried to fight the ganglar. Kairi was having no luck with opening the safe still. Keiichiro was not giving him a moment to breathe.

"You're lucky the others haven't shown up yet." Keiichiro stated as the two rangers clashed again.

"There's no signal here, mr. police officer. No one is gonna come." Kairi replied smugly.

"There isn't?" Keiichiro grumbled. "Well, I'll take you down all the same with or without help!"

"I thought we were supposed to be fighting me." The ganglar interrupted them by sending them both flying backward with a strong hit.

Kairi recovered fast and got back to his feet. Keiichiro wasn't getting up as fast. He was gripping his shoulder. Had he gotten hurt worse from that attack? Served him right for getting in the way.

"You're an easy target now, Patranger!" The ganglar wasted no time.

Keiichiro had barely gotten back to his feet before the ganglar was charging at him. It seemed inevitable that he was not going to be able to dodge it in time. Kairi briefly was smug about it, but then felt bad for it. The ganglar was coming full force. That attack was going to do damage. The ganglar had the intent to strike to kill.

"Move!" Kairi didn't know what came over him, but he found himself dashing forward and shoving Keiichiro out of the line of attack. Unfortunately, Kairi couldn't say he was so lucky.