epilogue

"hey, um, guys." johnson began as he sat down on the familiar roof of chloe's house, which had now been abandoned for a few years. it was the anniversary of chloe's death and johnson had done the same 'tradition' every year. he had sort of been really pissed off at jack because when jack had passed, he had stuck around with johnson. but the minute chloe passes, jack decided it was the perfect time for him to also?

johnson had hated jack with a burning passion for about a month, but really, he had only hated himself and how lonely he was without them. he was definitely upset at jack and chloe for leaving him to go have sex in heaven or hell, but he couldn't stay mad for long. only sad.

"i don't really know if you're there, and if i've just been bullshitting myself for years now by doing this. but uh. .i really miss you guys. it seems like everyday gets worse." he said.

"fuck your dumb asses for leaving me behind, honestly. fuck you for having each other and not having my back. fuck you for making it so hard for me to be pissed. fuck! here w-we go again." johnson sniffled slightly. he pulled a lighter out of his pocket and lit a cigarette before bringing it up to his lips and taking a drag. he normally didn't smoke but had recently taken up the habit.

senior year was incredibly shitty for him.

"i hate you guys for not thinking about me. but i love you for being my best friends with the short time we had together."

johnson took another drag of the cigar. "i hope i see you again someday."

there was movement behind him. "who says it has to be someday? why not now?"

johnson looked up at jack, who was holding chloe into his chest. "you're a bit late." he muttered before holding up his middle finger and grinning.