chapter 3 - visiting home

"kiss me hard before you go, summertime sadness"

summertime sadness, by lana del ray

✩⍣¯·.¸¸.·✩·.¸

12 months ago

April was sat on her suitcase and a string of curse words were flowing out of her mouth. The girl had been trying to close her suitcase for what felt like an hour and her whole body had started to hurt. She had gone through her suitcase three times at an attempt to remove things so that her suitcase would shut.

April kept grunting and trying to put all of her body weight on the suitcase to get it to close properly. Her suitcase had really started to annoy her and her knuckles had grown white from trying to push it closed.

April grew frustrated and ended up slapping the suitcase at an attempt to hurt it because she was slowly losing sanity "This stupid fucking thing!" 

"I don't think thats gonna do anything"  Miles mocked

April finally looked away from her bag to see her brother, hanging off her doorway. She blew the stray hair off of her face and rolled her eyes.

"Your not helping dickwad" she grumbled

"Well i'm certainly not going to help after that" Miles let out a small laugh "and dickwad? Cmon, seriously. What are we, in the third grade?"

"You certainly are from your lack of common sense" April snapped. She then turned away from Milo and focused back on her suitcase

Milo scoffed and began walking away from her room. 

"I thought asia was a country" april mocked, putting on her best attempt at a deep man voice 

Miles was within earshot to hear April making fun of him and he continued to walk away from his sister and rolled his eyes and let out a small laugh at her antics.

april let out a long exhale of breath and stared at her suitcase before crossing her legs, putting her hands together and closing her eyes

"hey, if there's a God out there, please do me a solid and close my suitcase. Thanks. Sincerely, April." april then rubbed her hands together and closed her suitcase in one swift swoop.