Part 2: Dream Sequence

Soon I was fast asleep and I "awoke" in my dream. "Hello?" I called out, looking around my neighbors elaborate house, it always did look like the world's fair, didn't it?
"Hello old sport." I quickly turned around and was greeted by an all too familiar smile. "Jay?" I said softly, taking a few steps towards the man in his favorite pink suit. "W-what are you doing here?" I finally mustered up the courage to ask.
"Why I came to see you of course. To apologize." I titled my head, leading Jay to continue. "Walk with me, old sport." I followed Jay down the seemingly endless corridor. "Death really does make you rethink your life decisions." He smiled in an ashamed way. "The fact of the matter is, I used you to get to Daisy, I was so blind I couldn't even see what was standing right in front of me. And for that, I am sorry. I wish things went differently between us, Nick." I stopped walking, I was in shock, he always called me "old sport" he called everyone "old sport!" What had changed in his death? But I think I already knew the answers to my questions.
Jay smiled warmly at me and gently brushed my hair out of my eyes. I couldn't believe what was happening, before I even had time to dwell on it, his lips were on mine!
I was shocked. Not mad. Just shocked. After all this time... he felt the same way I did. I kissed him back, until he pulled away. " I'll wait for you Nick."
I awoke on my swing and looked up at the mansion next door, dazed and confused. "He really is gone." I thought. "But he's waiting for me." I said aloud. Who would've thought that the mysterious Jay Gatsby and I would reconnect after his death and for us to be at peace. Knowing he's waiting on the other side brought me comfort, I would beat on till we reunite.
I always knew I was gay, especially after that night with Mr. McKee, but to tell this right, we will need to go back, to the beginning of that summer, and my move to West Egg, one that would unknowingly to me at the time, would soon change me forever.