chapter 4.

➽───────────────❥

➽───────────────❥

Upon waking, I burrowed myself into the warm, soft sheets.

It seemed all I did in Hell were be rudely put to sleep and awaken to a blinding light, weakening my already fragile eyes.

I hated being a human.

I despised it.

Out of all the angels, I would be the one to handle the situation the hardest— since I were occupying a body I'd normally reap.

Despite this, I were the most skilled. For a century, I observed the way humans reacted to the smallest of wavers, and their minuscule expressions. I copied their every move. To add to that, I were a guardian angel to a human who loved to travel the world, making me know every inch of the Earth.

And all its deep corners.

If anyone would succeed in this mission, it'd be me.

I did adore challenges.

I always smiled when my opponent thought they'd gain victory.

However, this human was undeniably weak. Her body reeked with constant exhaustion. And even now, my eyes wanted to waltz with the darkness.

Like a flash, the memories of yesterday played in my head, trying to remember every detail of the conversation.

Another aspect of humans I hated.

Their forgetful minds.

As an angel, I could remember every soul I took. Every concise detail about them.

How they touched death.

And now, I could not remember a measly conversation.

Angel forbid.

Xyne.

Just like the angels, there were titled devils.

The Advisor, Xyne. The devil guarding Hell's secrets and refining it to its torturous reputation.

The Enforcer, Orinith. The devil obtaining the fires and punishing the rebellious.

The Seeker, Malzar. The devil deciding the fate of the human and the rank of their eternal stay.

The Transporter, Almazae, the lowest titled devil, but he transported every slave to their righteous destinations.

And of course, the Devil King.

The devil who contained our angels for over a hundred of years. He relished in the sinful behavior he captured from the selfless halos.

"Excuse me?" A shy voice whispered. And my head turned towards the noise, meeting the gaze of a timid girl.